Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

This is the relevant part of my post:

Loucks posted:

"wear an effective mask!" (i.e., N95 or better)
Cloth masks are theatre. I'm not interested in debating this with you, mmlmp08.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
This isn’t the place to debate what kind of mask is or is not effective.

If you have questions about masks, please see the CDC, for example

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
edit: nevermind!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't think you quite comprehend the almost universal NIMBY-energy in this dumb country after Fukushima

Oh trust me I have a good idea. The worst part is she even managed to strength the Russia's because of it.

CommieGIR posted:

But the average guns used in shoots are not a Saturday night special. Nearly all these shootings are larger hand guns and rifles.

So no, if you are buying any of the weapons we've seen used in shootings, you can afford a safe.

Oh I was just saying that it is possible for the poor to get guns (well depending on the state...good luck in NY with all their fees and "paperwork")

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well you need something to light all those coal facilities that dingbat helped create, because she was a chicken little about nuclear power.
To say nothing of selling her country's energy security (and this Eastern European physical security) down the river by further entrenching Germany's dependency on Russian LNG.

e: f; b

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cugel the Clever posted:

To say nothing of selling her country's energy security (and this Eastern European physical security) down the river by further entrenching Germany's dependency on Russian LNG.

That is basically a German tradition at this point

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I hope this isn't seen as adding to that debate, but the discussion reminded me of a story I saw published yesterday https://news.stlpublicradio.org/coronavirus/2021-12-01/missouri-health-department-found-mask-mandates-work-but-didnt-make-findings-public

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So today I learned that Virginia has a Communist Party (noticed it when looking at John Brown related tweets).

https://twitter.com/VACPUSA/status/1466493111975165962?s=20

I wonder if they're Maoist, Trotskyist, or Stalinist? lol

Also nothing says a party like a Communist Birthday Party!
https://twitter.com/communistsusa/status/1465727358695059460?s=20

Sorry there is just something funny (since they're mostly harmless, these days, unlike the fascists') about people still trying to unironically convert the US to Communism.

Honestly kind of wonder how many just are edgier DSA's.

In real news :bisonyes:
https://mobile.twitter.com/bradheath/status/1466520844067393540

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 2, 2021

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
In terms of likelihood I honestly think the US is more likely to turn red than anything "green"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/LaurenKGurley/status/1466519677731934208?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/dccc/status/1466494036630544394?t=M33u-Ui7F99qbc_ZPM04Cw&s=19

2022 messaging going well

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s rad I wonder when we’ll get healthcare or not lose all our reproductive rights

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

strange. its $5/gal here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

That’s rad I wonder when we’ll get healthcare or not lose all our reproductive rights

There's a depressing number of people who judge the state of the country by gas prices.

How many would be reading that particular tweet? I doubt very many.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

strange. its $5/gal here

Vote better next time then :smug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How the gently caress do these cretins think that gas companies are going to give away cheap gas when they can and will charge what the market will bear and not a penny less.

Idiots want a capitalist economy until it’s something they need to drive their brodozers around the block.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Why the gently caress would the DNC deliberately embrace the idea that the president has a “gas prices” lever? Prices fluctuate, vary a lot locally, and they aren’t high compared to the last 15ish years. So don’t claim credit, good or bad!

So loving stupid.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also https://twitter.com/dscc/status/1466085902208450564?s=21

This is all so goddamn embarrassing. How are they so bad at this?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There is a local business owner in SE PA who has purchased multiple billboards blaming Biden for: empty wallets; high gas prices (in a state with the highest gas tax in the nation, IIRC); empty shelves; and 'Making the Taliban Great Again'.

The last has that poorly shopped pic of Biden's face on a foreign fighter with an RPG.

All of this is slightly amusing, because the way they fall apart at critical thought. It would be amusing, if the consequences of his ilk aren't still killing people. Last week, an old friend lost her husband after 30 days in the ICU. He's dead because he was stupid and wouldn't listen to reason and we have people making a pandemic political. 3 kids left without their Dad. A wife left alone to cope. All that heartbreak spreading like an infection. And it's happening tens of thousands of times a day. It's maddening.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Five days before I go buy Frosted Flakes.

https://twitter.com/MichiganAdvance/status/1466555916686295040

https://www.thv11.com/article/news/...7e-513562a90d4f

Looking like the union mostly won on dismantling the two-tier bullshit, knocking down the time in the lower tier, plus 3% raises and consistent benefits (now plus vision).

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

mlmp08 posted:

Why the gently caress would the DNC deliberately embrace the idea that the president has a “gas prices” lever? Prices fluctuate, vary a lot locally, and they aren’t high compared to the last 15ish years. So don’t claim credit, good or bad!

So loving stupid.
High gas prices are also a good thing. Good luck convincing terminally car-brained Americans if that, though.

We need less gas subsidization to further encourage the transition from ICE vehicles, plus an updated vehicle-miles-traveled tax to replace the gas tax to account for the transition to electric. A lot of localities fund their transit and road maintenance via gas tax, so things will start starving as more and more electrics take to the road (and electric cars are heavy as poo poo, adding to road maintenance concerns).

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Cugel the Clever posted:

High gas prices are also a good thing. Good luck convincing terminally car-brained Americans if that, though.

We need less gas subsidization to further encourage the transition from ICE vehicles, plus an updated vehicle-miles-traveled tax to replace the gas tax to account for the transition to electric. A lot of localities fund their transit and road maintenance via gas tax, so things will start starving as more and more electrics take to the road (and electric cars are heavy as poo poo, adding to road maintenance concerns).

We can just switch over to a system like Japan uses where you pay an annual road tax based on the engine displacement size.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pantslesswithwolves posted:

There's a reason the new DNC logo is just a D with a circle around it. It represents their entire party ideology now - "do just enough to stick around and get by," just like a "D" grade.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cugel the Clever posted:

It's not a good thing when oil companies are just using them as an excuse to roll in piles of money they'll pay minimal taxes on. Now if that money was going to taxes, sure, use it for infrastructure spending, but there's no reason $70/barrel oil should be costing people $4/gal at the pump besides oil companies loving the consumer.

Oil was $200/barrel a decade and change ago and gas was the same price it is now, maybe slightly higher. With inflation figured in, we're paying less than in 2008.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also https://twitter.com/dscc/status/1466085902208450564?s=21

I've been getting phonebanked by planned parenthood and democrats for the last week to try to fundraise off of whats going on right now. I'm just completely baffled why they think I'd give them money when they have explicitly failed and lost the battle. They proved they didn't have the will or means to actually fight for it when it mattered. I felt bad saying that to the volunteers they have calling me because so far they always just apologize and hang up, but goddamn.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Gas prices are virtually meaningless but because its so easy to see the price changes it's an absolute harbinger of doom. Imagine that family drinking 12 gallons of milk a week, but a guy lamenting how his 87k pickup costs too much to fill up

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Arven posted:

I've been getting phonebanked by planned parenthood and democrats for the last week to try to fundraise off of whats going on right now. I'm just completely baffled why they think I'd give them money when they have explicitly failed and lost the battle. They proved they didn't have the will or means to actually fight for it when it mattered. I felt bad saying that to the volunteers they have calling me because so far they always just apologize and hang up, but goddamn.

Forreal, like you guys won't even protect your own ability to even be elected to public office and you want me to believe you're gonna codify roe v wade if only you had a few more senators. lol?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

but there's no reason $70/barrel oil should be costing people $4/gal at the pump besides oil companies loving the consumer.

But see, we have to make the poor pay out even more for the pleasure of having jobs. This will somehow make mass transit and EV appear magically.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Arven posted:

Heard this before...

https://twitter.com/detachment_red/status/1466393912784920578?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't remember how liberal those 59-60 Democratic Senators were back then, but the current crop of decorum-brained Democrats are nothing compared to those dickbags. JOE LIEBERMAN was one of those 60 Senators.

Those majority-maker centrist-brain types were loving toast in 2010-2012 no matter what they did and they were so delusional that they thought centrism would save them. I really don't blame Obama for that poo poo, I blame the cheddarbrain centrists that made up that Senate supermajority. They probably wouldn't have even had 50 for an "abortion is legal" bill.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Last summer when gas prices fell off a cliff theres a bunch of stuff screaming about how its Bidens fault and Trump would actually get them higher. Don't waste effort reading into it, everything Biden does is wrong.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Just a few bad child rapists apples at the CIA

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/cia-employees-sex-crimes-children-secret-files-foia

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arven posted:

I'm sure you made their loving day telling them to give up and that they don't matter.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
The CIA is... bad.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm sure you made their loving day telling them to give up and that they don't matter.

Maybe they'll be inspired to quit and find something productive to do with their time.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

That was not a pleasant read. Jfc

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe they'll be inspired to quit and find something productive to do with their time.

Because nothing succeeds like just giving up. Its how we beat fascism the first time, after all.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm not a fan of the DNC but you're loving delusional if you think what's going on with Roe v Wade right now isn't a massive signal to EVERYONE that it's more important than ever to donate to Beto O'Rourke's campaign against Gov Abbott that has banning guns front and center

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Because nothing succeeds like just giving up. Its how we beat fascism the first time, after all.

The Democrats have given up trying to even get themselves re-elected, why should anyone loving phone bank for them to do anything? Find a group that actually fights, maybe one that can force some action out of the Democrats. Supporting the actual party apparatus is like giving up, but also setting your money on fire at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I mean it'd be on brand for senate dems?