Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Attn: Duzzy Funlop, the cops are onto your fuzzy bug scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Motherfucker's head looks like a can of beef a roni.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

hoping denver is close enough that we catch a few. with my luck I'll just get a nice dose of radiation

There are probably enough in the arsenals that every city bigger than 100,000 people has at least one warhead with its name on it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Dole dead.

May the handrails in the afterlife be better attached to the stage than they were in this one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

Gods, what is the city thinking putting up these bollards and planters to protect pedestrians and cyclists?? Do they have any idea how much damage hitting a hard obstacle instead of a soft human could do to my vehicle??

It looks like a sign in the middle of a parking lot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

Anybody get a booster and flu shot at/near the same time? Looking to gently caress up the middle of this week for myself and get it over with.

Yeah. Arms were a bit sore next day and I was run down about the same as flu shot every year, similar to pfizer 2. Would multishot again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh okay cool, we're going to "diplomatically boycott" the Beijing Olympics, which I guess is where we don't send any US Government people to hang around at the opening ceremony but the athletes can still compete and win medals. A crippling blow from which the Chinese Communist Party will never recover.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao the Maryland legislature voted to override the veto on theirs, though it's going to the courts for sure.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fknlo posted:

In December no less. God drat.

It's going to keep happening and it's going to get worse.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Can someone explain Elon Musks popularity?

He's not an engineer.

He's not a philanthropist as far as I can tell.

He's not a scientist.

He's not "self made".

I don't think he's ever actually setup a business besides being a large investor.

Like is "being a rich guy who throws money at potentially profitable business" really that worthy of praise?

He's what a dumb person thinks a smart person is and there are a lot of dumb people out there. He also took advantage of the coincidental rise in prominence of the previously-obscure-outside-of-comic-book-nerds Iron Man/Tony Stark character as a pop culture proxy, hell he had a throwaway appearance in the second movie getting blown off by Stark at an event.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The "turn the camera off/aim it somewhere else" is cute too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It's certainly something. The funny part is that it kind of opens like a serious thriller....and then giant cockroaches and the trip to safety in BUFFALO or somewhere goofy. Can't believe I stayed up till 4:00 PM one weekend just to finish it. Then again it was on badmovies.org, so I had to watch it after I read the reviews of it a bunch of times.
The short story it's based on is much, much better. The main character is a convict who will get pardoned if he solo drives an armored car cross country to deliver medicine to another settlement.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

How are the Mustang Mach-Es holding up? Any burn down their owners homes yet?

Still looking ugly as sin but no really lurid reports yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Also, google maps on my phone has real-time info (traffic, etc.) and map updates for free vs whatever boondoggle my in-dash needs to update.

I can't believe they bother charging for in-dash map updates but I guess there are enough people who cant figure out a map app but can somehow use garmin's bullshit well enough to pay $100/year or whatever they charge.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

I liked the way the cybertruck looked, but I don't think I could justify the purchase for a number of reasons. Maybe I'll find one used in a couple years and after there are some reports about how it operates in the cold

To be available used they have to be available new, and for that they have to actually be produced, so lol.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lmao get hosed Sacklers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's not killing anywhere near quickly enough to appreciably impact the numbers yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I had a 2012 STI and it was a hateful piece of poo poo that left me on the side of the road a dozen times even though I maintained it on schedule and didn't abuse it. I will never own another Subaru after that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The power plant was just about the only thing that didn't break, I had no problems with the engine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Eej posted:

Don't remember if this was posted but relevant

https://twitter.com/ThyArtIsMemes2/status/1471877711761182725

The tweet linked in the tweet is already gone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/1474438949410070531

And Russia is totally invading, they have a deep, fundamental belief that NATO is dramatically more powerful/important than it actually is.

Maybe the absolute lack of meaningful response after they annex Ukraine will finally convince them that NATO is irrelevant.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hey Neil, Santa isn't just giving presents to Christians. Go charge your crystal with Dawkins.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Not saying that this tops it, but I could live with this career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Johnson_(inventor)

That guy also owns and I've always been a little surprised that he's relatively obscure.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rip in piss demo dick.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Twitch pops "muppet" too, as we discovered during an art request stream when someone was trying to request characters in the style of Kermit and Gonzo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Just imagine having the necessary level of empty-headed hubris to look at that elementary school-level penmanship, written on the official stationary of a Congressional office, and think "yep, fuckin' nailed it"

Imagine the ones he threw away for not looking good enough!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bengy81 posted:

N95s almost seem pointless in the US at least. The folks most at risk of spreading COVID already decided they don't need to wear masks, and the folks that do wear masks are also more likely to take other precautions, including quarantine and social distancing.

By that rationale they're pointless everywhere. Sometimes you end up on an airplane or in an office with a red hat so it helps there. Also helpful if you have it and don't know it yet or are near someone who doesn't know it yet.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loled for real at this one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

No seriously where the fuxk can I get this
Different but has more of the message on it:
https://corgi-containment-unit.creator-spring.com/listing/long-term-nuclear-warning-poster-v2?product=624

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Glad it happened but I'm sure it'll get overturned on appeal or she'll walk some other way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I remember those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ahh nuts. I was hoping she'd see a full century.