Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Discussion Quorum posted:

Planned Parenthood patient database got hacked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/12/01/los-angeles-planned-parenthood-hack/

Seems real bad. Hopefully they were just trying to steal identities to do unployment fraud or whatever because the alternative uses for this are dark.

You know why someone would want an abortion database after the SC just basically Greenlit the loving Handmaidens Tale.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Agreed. The kid should spend the next three years undergoing every last psychological evaluation known to man while his parents get the scales of justice rammed up their bottoms without the benefit of lubrication.

you ever wonder if all these white kid shooters aren't being groomed for suicide attacks for political reasons, like justifying the carceral system.*

The asterisk is the asterisk in the 14th amendment.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Ah gently caress, the poor bastard.

- a 25 series soldier

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Quick how do I unvax?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm sorry for ever participating in this madness

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Worst I ever did was sing out of tune and maybe showered a little too long, but my job facilitated so much.

holy poo poo

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Defenestrategy posted:

Can someone explain Elon Musks popularity?

He's not an engineer.

He's not a philanthropist as far as I can tell.

He's not a scientist.

He's not "self made".

I don't think he's ever actually setup a business besides being a large investor.

Like is "being a rich guy who throws money at potentially profitable business" really that worthy of praise?

Yeah weird how a billionaire with investments moving money and messages over the internet would end up being championed by faceless masses on the same medium.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Keanu Reeves did Colbert last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_Tw7wPNSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLkl0BKGO8A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZM5Fb-9dto

Just Keanu being wholesome for 15 minutes, in case anyone needs to brighten their day.

"I want to play John Constantine again."
"Could I play a reluctant demon? .... Who doesn't want to mess with Constantine but it's in his nature."

:blessed:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The perfect car is a walkable / bike-able city but good luck convincing anyone you shouldn't need a car and yet our society is forcing people that way because we love the property values in our food deserts.

Like seriously any suburbanites, think of the last time you walked your rear end anywhere.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SquirrelyPSU posted:

You could have stopped here without being silly.

I'm a suburbanite

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The thing I dislike the most about my Subaru is the goddamned CVT. Between ~25-30mph I can get this annoying "rubber banding" effect. It's easy enough to mitigate by letting off or pushing down on the throttle, but it always happens when I least want it to, like when crawling along at 25-30mph on an interstate slowdown.

If only the Audi Allroad didn't MSRP for like $67k... :argh:

Unplug the battery for a half hour then do a service drive; this feels like it resolves 99% weirdness in my wife's Impreza.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Don't. They won't do the warranty claims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja86PRHS2sg

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
But we can't work from home anymore!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Defenestrategy posted:

I thought to myself that's an expensive way to track but for some reason stalker tech doesn't get the requisite 50$ apple mark up

This is cheaper than anything I could throw together DIY.

I mean it can automatically reach out to 50% of all cell phones and update the user in real time thanks to the privacy too!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also those costs for the livestock and wheat look like they correlate?

Like it's not 1:1 in price:cost but it's definitely matching the peaks and valleys by some factor. .

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The baby of an old bird look like baby of new bird?

Like I'm a three time college dropout but that seems kinda... lame.

I know it's exciting for things to be confirmed physically.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Hm weird how these trolls operate in the periphery of free speech moderation and even weirder how many mods even up being crypto fascists or sex offenders.

who holds the levers for who can talk and what can be enforced is more important than what they're enforcing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In short, mods knew Jan 6th was coming.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Reminder that the BBC covered up Jimmy Savile's pederasty.

Curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A sudden wildfire, fueled by freakishly high winds and dry conditions, may have taken out 500+ homes in Colorado today.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1476709567820042257

Crusty Minge, dunno if this is anywhere near you, but are you OK?

Hoping it's not his gardening.