Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'll be the homeless. After they've all been "corralled," they'll go after the poor and we'll see formal debtor's prisons come back.

I was having a high thought about how the homeless are far more valuable as a deterrent to people actually resisting Capital. If the threat is that the alternative to society is to be homeless in America, it's going to keep a lot of people at jobs and in work conditions they hate. Protesting for change will be criminalized and so if you organize and agitate for change you'll be hit with a record and destabilized into destitution.

Realistically if homelessness was a question of adequate resources then it would be solvable with fractions of the Defense budget. However the cruelty is the point; the reminder on every street corner that if you resist the way things are, you lose your home and livelihood to become one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Wang Commander posted:

Capitol rioters never should've made it to trial lol

:drat:

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Any choice quotes for us poors' without nyt?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

facialimpediment posted:

Sportsball and vaccinations have come up lately, here's some states from the NBA:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1473434639180124164?t=f0Z3BF7p54_QrPHX_Kc8nQ&s=19

With how hosed up vaccinations tend to get my arms, I kinda get where players are coming from if they're delaying boosters in the middle of the season, but they should just get a "load management" week off or some poo poo.

Yeah, just got my moderna booster last night and my arm was half useless working construction today. Thankfully it's winter so nothing crazy. But I knew the job ahead of time and planned it so I could skate a couple days. Can't imagine having a dead arm and chills etc for a few days while trying to maintain a world class edge in the NBA. Same time it's better alive than dead.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/12/27/texas-laredo-plant-cancer-children/4981640615996/

Texas really is on some bullshit. Doubling down on kids cancer through ethylene oxide seems unbelievable...

Remembering the Texas freeze and how they kept their ERCOT grid anyway, welp believe it now

The company Midwest really has the balls to argue increased cancer risk (in poor areas near our sloppy polluting facilities) is worth it because they sterilize medical equipment. But they also need new regulations on permissible exposure levels and oh they don't have detectors that read above 0.

The EPA knew back in 2006 that this causes 30 times higher cancer incidence in adults and 50 times higher cancer incidence when exposed since birth than previously thought. and yet industry pressure was enough to delay their finalized findings for a decade. Then Texas said gently caress regulating job creators! Come sterilize medical equipment here in Texas! They started a new state run review and 'correction' or whatever to the USEPA guidance.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/toxicology/ethylene-oxide

Anyone that has an actual environmental science background able to parse that Texas website? It reads like some bullshit, they pull some real shady false equivalence and seems they misrepresent the federal EPA findings with some real 'there are studies representing both sides of this issue'
But I am an idiot so couldn't be sure