Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

ASAPI posted:

I would like to say that this was surprising.

I also didn't think that the court would just "skip to the end" on this.

They've been able to use it as a way to motivate the base for a long time and they've figured out that their base is going to be motivated no matter what. All it'll take is a token "the libs are going to kill more babies if they get back in power" if their motivation starts to wane and they'll be good to go. I'll be super surprised if we don't end up with at least a 7-2 conservative court for the majority of the rest of our lives.

The right has won and the courts are a huge reason why that victory won't be going away any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Manchin would vote against anyone worth putting up. I don't even need special future seeing glasses to know Breyer won't leave before the midterms and when he dies on the court, republicans will have the senate again.

Yup. This is one of the reasons I expect at least a 7-2 majority for the rest of our lives.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

hoping denver is close enough that we catch a few. with my luck I'll just get a nice dose of radiation

I’ll catch one up in Longmont in anything but the most limited kind of strike. They built my facility type away from the main city with nuclear strikes taken into consideration. Or so I’ve been told. I’d imagine we’re fairly high on a list in any sort of tactical consideration.

Funny enough on the Colorado chat, I hate living here. It’s gorgeous but it costs so much to live here if you aren’t in the literal middle of nowhere. My body can’t keep up with the outdoor activities so it really kills my desire to be here.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzt18-WhkvQ

Lot of UFO calls tonight I presume.

Starlink satellite release. I didn't see it but my local social media stuff just blew up with people asking wtf was that.

I've seen this cause chaos on frequency before when 30 airplanes all start screaming about UFO's. I think they're pretty well known now so it's not as much of an issue.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
In December no less. God drat.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
The anti vax folks still aren’t going to touch that while they continue to shove horse dewormer up their asses.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Woke up to a snow squall alert. Wind is nuts this morning.

Supposed to be crazy high winds today. Boulder might see 100mph.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
Getting my booster today. Mixing it up with a Pfizer shot hoping it’ll suck a little less than my second moderna did.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe
Pfizer booster trip report.

I got my second Moderna dose back in March and it kicked my rear end. I'd heard from some coworkers that getting the Pfizer booster on top of the Moderna vaccine was way less bad. I can concur. I'm not going to pretend that I felt good yesterday but I was pretty functional. My eyes hurt, I had a pretty decent headache, and I was pretty fatigued all day but it was way better than my second Moderna shot.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

Discussion Quorum posted:

Ahaha I checked at the price of a 1080Ti used on eBay and just lmao

I picked up a couple off a miner for $300 each a few years ago. Then I sold them for $450 per last winter I think after I got a 3070. I was trying to get a 3080 or 3090 for the longest time but couldn't and ended up grabbing a 3080ti from a coworker. It's all dumb.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

How can you be that loving stupid?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

Burt posted:

I don't use Twitch much, but as I have been bored a little over Christmas I thought I would go watch some nerds play games and crikey, there's a lot of rather scantily clad young people on there now isn't there?

:corsair::corsair::corsair::corsair::corsair::corsair::corsair:

The hot tub streams became a thing over the past couple years I think? I don't see the point with all of the other "content" available on the internet.

Twitch is my generic background noise at this point. I don't have any sort of TV subscription any more so I usually just have a Tarkov stream playing on my laptop while I'm on my desktop.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

Boy, you know how else you could keep society running? Have no poo poo mask and vax mandates and close down Applebee's for a couple weeks. But then Applebee's stock might take a dip.

I straight up don't think this would fly at this point. You'd have half the states actively fighting it if nothing else and banning all of it out of spite. People are also just straight up tired of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

A sudden wildfire, fueled by freakishly high winds and dry conditions, may have taken out 500+ homes in Colorado today.

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1476709567820042257

Crusty Minge, dunno if this is anywhere near you, but are you OK?

I won't be at all surprised if this ends up having burned down 1000+ houses and a ton of businesses and stuff as well. It's still going but the winds have thankfully calmed down a ton so it won't be getting driven like it was earlier today. I left my place around 12:30 this afternoon in Longmont and the smoke plume was huge.

https://twitter.com/GRDenver/status/1476757009122873351?s=20