Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's also the matter of the battering ram they're taking against Roe v. Wade in the USSC today. There's a lot of live coverage I can't bring myself to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I guess Mr. and Mrs. Shooter are turning themselves in, now.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...85t5KUTWQfI2Fs0

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's been ten years away since the Seventies--is that ten years finally up?

https://www.sciencealert.com/for-the-first-time-a-fusion-reaction-has-generated-more-energy-than-absorbed-by-the-fuel

quote:

A major milestone has been breached in the quest for fusion energy.

For the first time, a fusion reaction has achieved a record 1.3 megajoule energy output – and for the first time, exceeding energy absorbed by the fuel used to trigger it.

Although there's still some way to go, the result represents a significant improvement on previous yields: eight times greater than experiments conducted just a few months prior, and 25 times greater than experiments conducted in 2018. It's a huge achievement.

Physicists at the National Ignition Facility at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory will be submitting a paper for peer review.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

UKRAINE!
A musical about why you never give up the nukes

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

PeterCat posted:

"The War Department" was traditional.

Wasn't the DoD renamed the same year that 1984 came out? Or pretty close to it?

The year before, yes. War Department and Navy Department were merged.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bored As gently caress posted:

Is this guy full of poo poo or is his channel actually decent info?

https://youtu.be/czs0_I3-NNE

Specifically his info about weapons systems

He doesn't go into the armaments in much detail, but what he does pretty much tracks. It's not like those systems are new and mysterious--they've used them all in the last several years, between Georgia, Crimea, and Syria.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

davecrazy posted:

There have been some posts on car blogs about this being a thing for thrives to tag targets.

"thrives"?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The only essential Christmas movie in our house remains The Thin Man. and then of course After The Thin Man for New Years'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

You're allowed to openly mock any NATO ally is my rule of thumb.

This is the best argument for NATO expansion.