Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

^Holy poo poo. That's actual awesome news.

If 10% of the people who voted for Biden followed this logic, we'd be balls deep in Trump's second term.

As it turns out, deposing a toddler with his hand on the "Blow poo poo Up" button was more important than advancing a progressive agenda. The toddler has been quarantined on a golf course, hopefully with his phones tapped, and has allowed our attention to return to "oh, wow, actually most of these people are loving worthless."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

I don't know what the building codes are like out there, but that is not always an option. A tornado hit Salt Lake City when I was a teenager and frankly there isn't anything built for that, because it's a once-every-few decades event. You just hide in the bathroom downstairs and hope the house doesn't come down on you.

IBC is a national standard, local municipalities can make it more restrictive.

e: The IBC references ASCE-7, which has adjustments per region.

2e: This looks like some EF-5 stuff, which nothing outside of the MIC is designed to hold up to.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 11, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

The perfect car is a walkable / bike-able city

You could have stopped here without being silly.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Speaking on cars, the new Grand Tour episode is up.

In the back of my head, I feel like if I knew they were going to do another episode within the next six months I would have enjoyed it more. That said, I overall enjoyed it and had a few great laughs. I hope we get different shots of the end on Youtube or something.

Get well soon Abbie.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 17, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That’s a funny way to spell “1998 Subaru Outback.”

This car has AWD, ample cargo space, heated seats, and low profile enough that you could actually see pedestrians. Extremely good poo poo.

I need a moment.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 18, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Properly taxing vehicles based on proportionate road wear might be a good start.

I missed this before, but if anyone wants to do more thorough research into this google "18k Equivalent Single Axle Loads."

While not directly correlated to taxes, they are factored into all pavement and structure designs and tolling fees.

Richard Bong posted:

The downside of the non outback’s is that you can’t fold down the rear seats and sleep in the back. There’s only like 5 feet back there.

Gotta be more than that. My '09 Impreza hatch is 53 inches. (I had to measure it because I was making an Ikea run and needed to know what my max was)

Also Google says 66" inches, so I retract my previous argument.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 18, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I can't even conjure up Frank Caliendos impression of Madden.

Dudes probably going to be lieing in state.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Just a final gently caress You from 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's 2022 though

Don't you put that evil on my 2022 Ricky Bobby