Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
Anyone in the south enjoying 80+ degree days? I don't live here, but holy poo poo it hit 81 in Mobile, AL today. In late December. There were children and Karen's bitching that the hotel pool was closed for the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Mobile is far enough south that closing a pool in the winter kinda seems more like a management penny pinching thing, but the gulf is right there and not nearly as full of covid. Covid is no excuse to most southerners though. Also there was a pool chlorine shortage this past summer that I kinda doubt ever caught back up.

Salt water pools are the way to go anyhow.

Agree, almost nobody is wearing a mask anywhere down here. I look like a nutter for walking through the lobby with a kn95 on. But I'm also the rear end in a top hat for still traveling and hitting visits with both families over the last week.

All you can do is what you can do, in terms of keeping familial obligations without disowning them. I'm very ready to get back home to my bunker and waiting a week to cool off before I decide which relationships are worth keeping.

gently caress the holidays. I am not participating next year.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: I blew off the holidays and feel fine about it. Just hanging with Frank and Beans.

I will feel fine about doing exactly that next year. I'm done traveling for family. I'm done owing them poo poo. They can come see me at my place, if they care, from here on out.

Right now I'm missing my dog bodi something hard. I am surrounded by loved and loving but complicated humans and I miss my dog. I pick him up from the doggie Hilton back home Sunday.

Sorry for making GBS threads up the CE thread, but I bet a few other lurkers are in similar boats.