Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Last summer when gas prices fell off a cliff theres a bunch of stuff screaming about how its Bidens fault and Trump would actually get them higher. Don't waste effort reading into it, everything Biden does is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Okay I'm going to post the obvious question. How do we fix this problem? I mean I love the drones and the flexibility they offer and the dramatically decreased risk to American and (most) Allied troops by not needing a plane in the air with a human flying it.

I figure the first thing is not delegating launch authority to lower ranks, second, probably should attach a JAG to these units (yes I know evil red tape and constraining "ARE TROOPS" but I'd like us to have better standards and aim to not commit war crimes, unlike say Wagner or the Russian Military).

Also

Yeah, I think perhaps "it's coming right for us" should not have such a wide geographical range.

:wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:

When you delegate you have to provide clear, objective guidelines and goals to go along with the authority. You also need to remember you can only ever delegate authority, never responsibility. Since you are responsible, you need to continually check up and make sure the result you are getting lines up with the goals you set. This requires clear, objective measurements. When you start running into "Its impossible, too difficult to measure" kind of responses you are on dangerous ground and need to re-examine your plan.

Lack of these things is usually a sign of incompetent leadership looking to avoid responsibility while lacking a plan and imagination. Most solutions are to remove authority and concentrate it higher up which removes flexibility and hinders people at the tip of the spear when they need to react to an emerging situation. Intervention at early stages is when problems are easier to fix after all. Delegation is a good thing when done right.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

I thought to myself that's an expensive way to track but for some reason stalker tech doesn't get the requisite 50$ apple mark up

This is cheaper than anything I could throw together DIY.

It doesn't even need to know its position, just its position relative to other Apple devices. Something to sense position, something to talk to Apple network, and power. Porbably costs less than $2 to make. If you had access to their network that's easy, otherwise you would have to find some way to talk to it but can easily do that off the shelf under $10.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Youre going to offload almost everything to Apple devices so it doesn't actually need most of that. Most arduinos have way more of everything than you actually need anyways. If you designed the board yourself it would be even cheaper since you can cut out all the redundant/extraneous stuff but getting a single board made would be expensive I think.

Oh, you would just use a breadboard I'm dumb.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

I wasn't really rushing for a booster but now I'm stuck and will grab booster + flu Wednesday. Its best to mix and match right so I'm slightly better off with the Pfizer if I got the Moderna initially? Not that it matters, Pfizer is locked in and hopefully I'm good for Christmas Eve.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Discussion Quorum posted:

Ok I keep thinking about these because I was clearly out of the loop when they happened. Who and when?

Should be in FYAD criterion

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
If I sat around and re-wrote the letter a few times very carefully I think I could get something close to that. gently caress you 6th grade and Mrs J, handwriting was the most useless waste of time ever and I'm never getting that time back or forgetting those cramps from the thousandth perfect "t".

Now everything gets written in large capitol letters or typed so there's no doubt as to what I am trying to communicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm sure the phrase "but you see that's an *advantage* because they're clean slates with no bad habits to unlearn!" has been uttered at some point.

What are you talking about this is how its always been done