Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm going to discuss the sheer FOLLY of people closing old chat threads without linking to new chat threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

If your kid is taking power tools to your gun storage, you maybe just should get rid of the guns

Like, if this is part of your "this is a scenario i might dwal with" maybe decide which one is more important to you

Pretty sure if the kids at that point you're too late. And maybe you should have been a more attentive parent and taking the warning sign seriously and been proactive.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

but there's no reason $70/barrel oil should be costing people $4/gal at the pump besides oil companies loving the consumer.

But see, we have to make the poor pay out even more for the pleasure of having jobs. This will somehow make mass transit and EV appear magically.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This is just loving asinine. How do you think Mussolini's original fascists got into power? They got elected. What did the Nazis do? They got elected while the communists and social democrats tore each other to pieces. Voting is often the only defense against fascism, because after they win they pull up the ladder and make it impossible to dislodge them.

Okay, your two examples, how did they get out of power?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The "ooooooh" after the airbag deployed was great.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

China is ahead of us in the jailing/killing billionaires categories, a statistic we probably should start catching up on.

We can not allow a guillotine gap.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Russia wants Ukraine back

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tornado rips the house roof off
Texan shoots an elephant gunt at it
Broke into the wrong god drat rec room didn't you you bastard!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

One does not control bamboo. You either suffer it to live or you have to destroy it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

The wife wants a bamboo fence if we ever get a house. Years I've been trying to tell her it won't stay a fence and it won't ever go away we had a patch of that stuff in the neighborhood growing up and it didn't stay a patch. As much of a gigantic pain in the dick as that stuff is if we ever get a place I'll deal with the periodic mini-arguments. Will suck a whole lot less.

The third most common reason I rent out stump grinders is to get rid of bamboo balls. And maybe 1 out of every 8 times I do, they have to come back and swap for an excavator because the root ball is too big.

You either regret planting it as you do a poo poo ton of work to get rid of it, or you sell the house and move. That's how bamboo planting goes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Counterpoint:

yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

My names are somehow both irish and amish, but by blood i'm mostly italian and native american so who the gently caress knows.