Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

piL posted:

PSA: Do not post on instagram in uniform.

Typical Civil Affairs officer, can’t even gently caress up correctly. We in the superior PSYOP regiment go big or go home. She didn’t even have a deranged Facebook live post about retaking the people’s house for God and Trump (but I repeat myself) before packing two bus loads full of North Carolinian patriots to storm the Capitol. Plus she didn’t get knocked up in theatre by a married man 6 weeks into a deployment! Who does she think she is?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I know it’s the Army Times, but this is a pretty depressing read about Guardsmen down at the southern boarder. It gives a pretty clear picture of why that mission needs to die.

https://twitter.com/ArmyTimes/status/1468641563563724804?s=20

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
In “well duh” news, Amazon went out of its way to support Xi and China to break into their markets.

https://twitter.com/aliceysu/status/1471890179723911169?s=20

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Current event: I took another look at how much a new graphics card costs and I guess my 1080TI is still fine.

In a lot of cases it’s better to gut a premade.

I’ve got a 2070 super through a friend. Then I sold my 1060 6gb for $300 on eBay, more than I bought it for in 2016. It’s stupid.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I had 3 Asian NCOs when I was first a detachment commander, around the time that Jonny Kim was selected for NASA astronaut training. They would always joke around about how Jonny was ruining it for the rest of them, and that Asian moms were going to tiger mom even harder now. Like “Jonny Kim is a Seal, Doctor, Astronaut, how’d you miss a question on your math quiz!?”

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
This is a wild loving thread about everyone’s favorite paraplegic white supremacist and NC House Rep. Following the divorce announcement he went on the Daily Caller and explained that he met his soon to be ex wife in a fake CrossFit event in Russia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jimstewartson/status/1474091377390587917

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Does this mean they're going to commit war crimes and desecrate bodies, and murder their peers?

You can just be a regular SEAL team and do that. You need to go full Robert O’Neill to be up to Seal Team 6 standards.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

As Nero Danced posted:

99 times out of 100, survivalists aren't interested in surviving as much as they are interested in shooting people and getting away with it. Hell, even that "american sniper" guy wrote a fanfic about going down to New Orleans after Katrina and shooting people he thought "were up to no good."

He also wrote about how he shot two robbers at a gas station that there was no police report of or that anyone could find any proof that ever happened.

Kyle and Luttrell, with a side of O’Neill are the biggest contributing factor to why the seals are a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Kyle and Luttrell are also the biggest liars ever. Luttrell is making GBS threads and pissing on the memory of his teammates by lying about everything from the numbers, but also the "vote." His book sucked.

That’s what I was getting at with they are major contributors to Seals being a joke. Luttrell and his teammates were ambushed by 8-12 guys and he never fired a shot. Somehow the turned into killing hundreds of haqqani despite no bodies and him having 11 full mags.