Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know it will never happen but I would appreciate an investigation being opened into TLC itself. It's bad enough that they aired these shows that starred at least one child molester, but then they seem to have a countdown clock in the office that lets them know when they can give the enablers of the child molester (and sometimes the child molester themselves) another show.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why the hell does she look so familiar?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's exactly what's happening with the current Mississippi abortion case in front of the Supreme Court. They're trying to use the same argument to overturn Griswold, Obergefell, Lawrence, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

yeah, going super hard on removing abortion rights or gay rights is a long term loser for the GOP because both of these are verifiably unpopular policies that would mobilize a significant electoral backlash

moderate white boomer women who may vote left or right remember the bad old days pre-Roe and if they aren't evangelicals or otherwise hard christian types this is the exact kind of thing that will cause them to withhold votes from republicans, even reluctantly. Roe was a big get for women's rights in the 1970s and so any woman aged 60+ will have been aware and conscious of what life without legal abortion was like for women, and what it means to take that away

trying to attack Obgerfell or undermine gay rights would be even worse for the republicans in terms of galvanizing young people to show up to vote. this is in part why the right have shifted to beating on trans people in the culture war, because the LG part of LGBTQIA+ rights is pretty much over and done with, and would cost far more political capital than the GOP has to try to relitigate that fight in the courts

now the GOP has gone full crazy, so will they try to take a swing at gay marriage? its possible. if they do, will they miss and hit themselves in the face? most definitely

Perhaps you haven't heard that they've been gerrymandering the hell out of voting districts and enacting all kinds of restrictions to prevent minorities from voting. It doesn't matter how unpopular their policies are if people can't vote them out after they've been implemented.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah in deep red places. you try to blow up gay marriage and queer civil rights. you get record turn out against you.

They've also been doing it in states that were purple or headed that way. Just look at Georgia over the last ten months.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Three Olives posted:

It's hard to even imagine what undoing gay marriage would look like. I'm gay married and live in a community property state, legally all our money and stuff acquired after our marriage belongs 50/50 to both of us, how would you even unwind that? Force into divorce and make us split assets down the middle against our will? Unwind our social security accounts? We both changed our names when we married, something that is only allowed without court permission by marriage or divorce, do our names revert if they say the marriage never happened? What about contracts that we entered under the name they said that never existed?

It's all madness.

They don't care. Look at the mess caused by dismissing trans members of the military. They'll just use the clusterfuck they created as proof as to why they should've never let it happen in the first place.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm really not trying to be an rear end in a top hat here. It didn't quite work out but it doesn't matter. They're willing to let everything turn into a smoking crater if things don't go their way. Remember that the reason the pandemic got as out of control as it did at the beginning is because they were under the impression that it was going to wipe out large portions of blue states and that was exactly what they wanted and needed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look how far Roy Moore got.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please tell me Josh called it the Love Shack.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've been seeing groverhaus loving everywhere on the internet lately.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jinger?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't like this page.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would like to get a tattoo, but what? And where?

How about "Suburban Legend" in cursive on my chin?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not at our ages.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like tying someone's hands together makes it so only masturbation is possible.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think the thing that bothers me the most is the guest suite. That people would volunteer to stay in that house long enough to need that room.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Be careful checking out those groups on YouTube, etc. They tend to target obviously mentally ill or developmentally disabled people because they’re easier to catch and will make more of a scene when confronted. Plenty of them also resort to gay slurs whenever they get a guy that was trying to meet a young boy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That’s what the sketch artists are for.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Really captured the whole clickbait livestream style there.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's literally the "scoop out chunks of dead baby (fetus)" procedure that conservatives try to characterize all abortions as in order to scare people.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But the children are so well behaved.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't know if it's perpetual terror as much as spending the majority of your adult life either pregnant or giving birth.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Private Cumshoe posted:

I didn't know bug eyes were a common pregnancy/child birth thing

Well giving birth I can see I guess...

Having twenty children isn't exactly common, at least these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The jumbo bag