Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
This scum-sucking pig deserves only the worst and I hope he gets it.

And I hope his wife loses a tooth while eating granola for looking so smug in that photo. Yeah, I feel bad for her but I'm struggling not to dislike her, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

DicktheCat posted:

Anyone worth talking to leaves that religion. My wife's dad was ordained southern Baptist, and while we don't always agree, he means well.

I fully believe the faith helped destroy his marriage- my mil couldn't even be seen with a single glass of wine with dinner, they're so strict, and my spouse has stories of the olds getting lovely about their pa bringing in live music for the church (drums specifically). After the divorce, he couldn't take their poo poo any longer, and now lives happily with his new wife, and is supportive of both my spouse and I transitionioning. I think he may go to a baptist church in his very techy area, but not Southern Baptist, and has said sorry for a lot of his poo poo.

People can get out, and do better, at least. He's writing a book about the experience, I believe.

This gives me hope, thank you.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'd love to know why Black Mormons put up with a religion that historically considered them subhuman and blocked them from holding the priesthood until the loving 80s. WHY? Because some of you get a planet after you die?! A planet is cool and all but I'm not paying Human God Space Taxes to the Kolabian administration if it spent its entire existence insulting me.

Also, I'd love to know how many times Michelle Duggar has woken up and stared into the darkness, wondering if this feeling of horror will ever go away? How many babies until God takes my suffering away?