Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout

I use arch, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout

I kinda want to try guix but I don't know if it's still up fsf's rear end and I tried nix but I don't think I'm trans enough to understand it

big black turnout

I ran some bsd on my vps for years and jails were very cool. Basically every individual service I ran got its own little virtual environment

big black turnout

cruft posted:

Have you tried FreeBSD? It won't help with any of your problems but I feel the need to jump on this "have you tried" bandwagon.

Look at this noob not even using Haiku

big black turnout

yeah nvidia blows on Linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout

nesamdoom posted:

POPos seems to just want to run stuff with intel even when set to run nvidia

fwiw, this is a big part of why I think people should steer clear of "easy" Linux distributions. In my experience, they make a very narrow slice of use cases easy and any deviation from that is very difficult to actually impossible