Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatBlack

hello world

Farecoal posted:

What if BYOB but YOSPOS

Yesss, the yospos theme hurts my eyeballs

barnold posted:

anyone following the LTT linux saga? i fear even the mention of his name is absolutely haram but i've been sort of interested at how much it seems to have engaged the larger Linux-based community

Yes unfortunately. Linus is bitch made and completely sucks at learning computers but that Pop OS steam bug was pretty embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBlack

hello world

cruft posted:

This thread is giving me perspective on what an incredible nerd I am.

Not only do I know both emacs and vim, and have several emacs packages published as well as code contributions in the upstream distribution, I also spent three years using exclusively Acme from plan 9, just to see how it was (it was awesome). During that time I came up with a whole bunch of Acme scripts and packages to make my personal environment even cooler, which convinced me to take over maintenance of the X11 port of the Plan 9 window manager, rio.

This isn't a flex I get to show off very often, thanks for indulging me.

These days I just use vscode and vi.

Very cool that you contributed to free software but.. HAIL VI, USE NO OTHER EDITOR