Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell

im linuxing now get used to it

:bsdsnype:

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

nesamdoom posted:

I'm used to it now. thank you for the notification.

it seems p chillin like i just took a 1000mg antidepressant

i cant wait to experience, my linux journey

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

cruft posted:

What's your favorite man page?

probably any page from the freakin bible amirite

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

anyway im just package applicating stuff & things as one does

baka of lathspell

i rm rfed like 7 seconds onto my boot time and fixed it by correcting a symlink in package lvm2

get innnn

idk if i described that right tho

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

ya turns out i just masked the problem but its technically true i solved the boot hangup

ya idk i think it was rm rfing. im not sure what else i wouldve done that wouldve added to it

ya im obvs still new at this

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ya turns out i just masked the problem but its technically true i solved the boot hangup

ya idk i think it was rm rfing. im not sure what else i wouldve done that wouldve added to it

ya im obvs still new at this

im informed it was actually likely how i set up my partition

lol

baka of lathspell

i actually dont know but everything seems fine now :)

baka of lathspell

installin fedora atm. only previous experience is with mint

how do you do fellow linux users

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

everyday i love logging onto my linux computer, whose with me byob

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

nesamdoom posted:

Even my local ATM would benefit from Linux. Sure would be nice going to get cash without it stuck on 'starting windows'

its funny the subway monitors here were running linux and i noticed it cuz it had crashed

But i love linux unironically

nesamdoom posted:

Lol, I noticed secondarily log in. I don't every have to other than reboot but I never reboot really so I've have Linux on/logged in for months at a time. I get other people not wanting to leave an os running for months, but it's kinda dope Linux can.

yea im actually doing this too but its funny to say logging in

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

nesamdoom you are felt. my biggest issue tho is x86 bad on my nobara runtime's battery life

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

yee i might look into it. ngl at the moment would have no idea how or effort involved but ive heard about it if not the specifics lol

battery life is only useful to me in a pinch otherwise it isnt a huge deal

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

alexandriao posted:

Huh? No it's basically stock Linux, and they're working on making sure you can install say, an offshoot of Fedora, and have everything work ootb. Most of that is fixing bugs but they fo recompile the kernel to flip on some pre-existing switches for energy dependent scheduling. They also developed a pipewire filter to get the speakers sounding nice and a system daemon for making sure the speakers aren't driven too hard. And they've added drivers/interfaces for stuff like the touchbar and drivers for the camera firmware chip

But like, theres no tricking its a clean wipe and install :)

ty for this i have no idea on any of this personally i just use this poo poo

E: i have cw'ed and installed so many times that i might bleed from my eyes if i do it again tho lol

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

speaking as someone running nvidia on linux thats prolly why half the poo poo i want to work never works including nvidea streaming :psyduck:

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)