Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
op i'm a big fan of linux but, sadly, love gaming even more. so linux is just for work right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio

Saoshyant posted:

Friend, the Proton project has changed everything. Nearly everything you'd play on Windows now runs on Linux. Valve even released a Linux handheld console (the Steam Deck) to great success.

There remain some key games that don't quite make it work. I was trying to run linux+proton as soon as a few months ago on my main machine, gave up and purchased a Windows license.

Ohtori Akio
when i am running linux, i enjoy awesome wm

Ohtori Akio

cruft posted:

I don't use it, though.

Lol

Ohtori Akio
interviewing lately. you know what that means...brushing up on linux

Ohtori Akio

nesamdoom posted:

Installs or application?

they're sre type jobs. so care, feeding, and supervising group play

Ohtori Akio
'site reliability engineer' uhhhhhh person who can code, knows what a cache is, and doesnt cry when the product is down. usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio

Saoshyant posted:

Ah, the person who gets a call at 3am to go fix poo poo that someone else caused. I've been on that role before. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often to you.

i am happy to get the call as long as the relevant team also gets the call......that is when i show my Virtue and secure my bag