Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ok, rich girl is the one who's getting all paranoid without her meds and found the body right?

I kinda wonder how that's going to play into the maybe-supernatural stuff, especially with taissa's apparently congenital... psychic sensitivity? mental issues?

also holy poo poo i love misty so much

There is roughly a 7,000% chance they do a protracted thing about "is she seeing spoopy ghosts or is she crazy?~?~?~??~?~ *~*~*~Mystery~*~*~*~*". I can feel it in my bones and I know I'll hate it so I hope I'm wrong and this is a better show than that.

PS *~*~*~*~*~*Misty-ry*~~*~*~*~*~*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The episode 5 preview just dropped. They're uh...they're gonna go there with Misty's character aren't they

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
lmao i didnt even see *that* part of it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait poo poo I must have missed something. I need to watch it again.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It's right at the start of the preview. Look closely.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Hahaha! Didn't have to look too closely. That'll teach me to watch stuff on my phone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm starting to think that Misty is not a good person. That thought first crossed my mind, when she hacked of that leg, before applying the tourniquet. On the other hand, she's in elderly care, so she must be a saint.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
well, I think shes explicitly amoral

She obviously cares, and wants to feel useful (hence the, you know, stranding)

She just can't take other people into account

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

coronatae posted:

It's right at the start of the preview. Look closely.

Would you mind posting it in a spoiler? It’ll be about 9 hours until I can watch it and I’ll def forget.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The episode 5 preview shows Misty trying to touch Coach's morning wood and Coach gets pretty freaked out about it

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pretty ballsy of them to reveal the lead cannibal so early.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pretty ballsy of them to reveal the lead cannibal so early.

nats looking at travis because 'drat hes actually cute i want that in me'

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

goddammit i snorted LOUDLY at my desk

that pic would do numbers on the fb page and discord

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yay, there's a thread now :)

I have to laugh watching the forest scenes. I know it's filmed in BC and yet they keep banging on about being in Ontario. The problem being, it's the wrong kind of forest for Ontario.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Yay, there's a thread now :)

I have to laugh watching the forest scenes. I know it's filmed in BC and yet they keep banging on about being in Ontario. The problem being, it's the wrong kind of forest for Ontario.

They do? My Canada knowledge is minimal and all on the Eastern side, but I thought the plane went down in the Canadian Rockies so this would be British Columbia or Alberta? Did I make that up? As I said, my Canadian geography sucks, but the premise of the show is that they're flying from Jersey to Seattle, so if they went over Ontario they're taking a scenic god drat route.

But even if that's correct, I've never been further West than Toronto so for all I know the forests are all date palms once you pass Winnipeg.

coronatae posted:

goddammit i snorted LOUDLY at my desk

that pic would do numbers on the fb page and discord

I greatest goal on the internet is to cause people to laugh at their screens and have to awkwardly explain it. I hope your boss/significant other/cat was dutifully confused.

And feel free to share it. I didn't care enough to even plug in a mouse, so it's not like it's a great artistic achievement.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 7, 2021

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

I greatest goal on the internet is to cause people to laugh at their screens and have to awkwardly explain it. I hope you're boss/significant other/cat was dutifully confused.

And feel free to share it. I didn't care enough to even plug in a mouse, so it's not like it's a great artistic achievement.

:getin:

And yeah all the official material specifies Ontario. gently caress if I know what specific wilderness I'm looking at, I hate snow

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

coronatae posted:

:getin:

And yeah all the official material specifies Ontario. gently caress if I know what specific wilderness I'm looking at, I hate snow

Well gently caress. The real mystery was the marketing decisions all along. Why would they be in Ontario?!?!

Also, sorry if I came off as doubting you, angerbeet. All confusion is aimed at the show-runners because that geography makes no sense to me and I guess I just subconsciously rewrote it in my head.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I thought they mentioned canadian rockies too... But going over canada to get from NJ to Seattle is perfectly fine-- see the concept of great circles.

Actually, nevermind the great circle for NJ to SEA stays over the US

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 7, 2021

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Canada yeah, sure, that makes sense. But Ontario is almost directly North.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but here's the flight path. It's way South of Ontario.

I don't actually, actually care. I'm just kind of befuddled because they could have chosen any places to crash at or fly-between and they picked weird ones. It's just a bizarre decision on the writers' part.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

When they're boarding the plane the captain actually mentions that they're going a bit farther north than originally planned to avoid a storm system. But it's background noise on the intercom so easy to miss.

Re the creepy preview scene I kind of hope Misty doesn't actually touch his dick and instead starts touching his stump to make it painful and make him more reliant on her. I also believe his "don't! Touch me!" line is going to eventually lead to his death-- he'll get into a situation where it's just him and Misty and she has the ability to get him to safety but just smiles and says "you told me not to touch you" and walks away leaving him to his fate

Tonight I'm poring over Sammy's creepy drawings on the window. I wish I could read the writing on some of them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

coronatae posted:

Tonight I'm poring over Sammy's creepy drawings on the window. I wish I could read the writing on some of them.

I still have photoshop open and I'm a professional reader of old illegible documents. If you shoot me a screencap, I'll try my best.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The screenshots came from reddit so let's see if I can post them here

and this one has no text but I think is important for decoding the other pictures

The inclusion of the red-headed figure with a heart makes it pretty obvious that the creepy af bleeding-eye screaming-mouth figure is Tai. This is reinforced by the "family portrait" on the right side of the first screenshot. But what does that text on the left say? What is the figure on the left in that drawing? None of the guesses I have make sense.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

coronatae posted:

The screenshots came from reddit so let's see if I can post them here

and this one has no text but I think is important for decoding the other pictures

The inclusion of the red-headed figure with a heart makes it pretty obvious that the creepy af bleeding-eye screaming-mouth figure is Tai. This is reinforced by the "family portrait" on the right side of the first screenshot. But what does that text on the left say? What is the figure on the left in that drawing? None of the guesses I have make sense.

How's this help?

I upped the contrast then left the darkest bits to try and filter out the background smudginess.

DO N M U FAR

But there's probably missing parts of letters in the smudges. I can try to see if there's a stroke order to them.

VVVV O yeah, of course. But I think we're just having some funnsies, not trying to make serious predictions like this is some Nostradamus poo poo.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I wouldn't put too much stock in these kinds of things tbh, same with trying to match up characters to hooded figures etc. (as said hooded figures are often played by stunt people and not the actual actors). These images aren't designed to be poured over and scrutinised in this way, and you can end up becoming the kind of L O S T fan who thinks that the show was subtlety altering the cast's eye colour to indicate possession, rather than just lighting them weirdly.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

If I ever reach that point please feel free to mock me viciously.

Forgot to mention I am SO happy we have other characters interacting with Simone so people can stop shrieking that every other character is a hallucination.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Can't believe no one has mentioned how loving awesome the intro sequence is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9xBQ8sp5Y

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Hey if that’s your opinion, go to town. I think it’s eminently forgettable and pretty bland. Not bad, of course, but it’s miles away from great opening themes like Deadwood.

But I’m also ranking it against my dream version which is a grunge take on the soundtrack to Ravenous. Or a cover of grunge music by the guy who did Ravenous.

Not that I don’t want it to be good. If I’m the lone weirdo and this is more popular it’s good for the show so fine by me.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

THANK YOU I did a weirdly deep dive to try to find this a few weeks ago.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

magiccarpet posted:

THANK YOU I did a weirdly deep dive to try to find this a few weeks ago.

Tunefind is your friend. Keeps a list of all songs that appear in shows, including title music.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I tried right when it came up so it seems to have been updated recently. Owns bones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm definitely a sucker for the music in this, I graduated in '94 so it's directed straight to me.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm definitely a sucker for the music in this, I graduated in '94 so it's directed straight to me.

I was a big fan of how they played Kim Wilde's Cambodia in its full rear end entirety

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I thought they mentioned canadian rockies too... But going over canada to get from NJ to Seattle is perfectly fine-- see the concept of great circles.

Actually, nevermind the great circle for NJ to SEA stays over the US

Yeah the pilot says there’s a great view of the Canadian Rockies from your window or something like that. I did see a bunch of stuff referencing ontario outside of the show, but maybe they changed it to be BC?

I mean never mind the type of forest, at one point they show snow capped mountains in the distance. Wouldn’t make sense if it was ontario.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Things are not looking good for coach. Feeding into Mistys delusions out of fear might not be the best approach in the long run.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I could watch Shauna's takedown of her daughter on loop forever.

Laura Lee is 100% going to try flying that plane and crash it and die. Episode 8 is titled "Flight of the Bumblebee"

Still holding out for the lady in the tree being a survivor-turned-stalker. I don't want it to be Taissa's split personality or whatever.

Overall I feel like I have less to say about this episode? It was very enjoyable and had a lot of payoff I just...don't have a lot to run with here.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

coronatae posted:

I could watch Shauna's takedown of her daughter on loop forever.

My god it was amazing. I was crying laughing

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
On the other hand, Shauna is a bit of an idiot, if her daughter has to spell out that people can google her name. Sure, she changed her last name, when she married, but that's a minute of extra research. The show made that out to be such a big reveal that results would actually pop up. Well, no poo poo!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 13, 2021

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So are they setting up the "Misty is the big bad and killed Travis" misdirect only to have the finale reveal someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Medullah posted:

So are they setting up the "Misty is the big bad and killed Travis" misdirect only to have the finale reveal someone else?

No, it wasn’t the airplanes. It was Misty killed the beast.