Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

how does it rank in sexiness among other children's cartoon dragons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jabberlock posted:

That mostly depends on your feelings about Awkwafina

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Jabberlock posted:

I mean, I have it on pretty good authority from op:

Applewhite posted:

Very sexy dragon: 9/10.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

I'm not smooching any dragon that's hairier than me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Let he who does not want to gently caress dragons cast the first stone

*op is pelted to death by rocks*

naive as gently caress

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The great wall was an underrated movie

I have only watched a few clips of this movie, but am tempted to get around to the whole thing one day simply because one of the clips was of the Crane Corps and it's one of the most wonderfully stupid things that I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYU9J_Cn95Q

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

The Bloop posted:

not gonna lie this just looks like an elongated my little pony

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Applewhite posted:

Spoiler alert: the dragon dies.

:mods:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

I'm not smooching any dragon that's hairier than me

So Sisu should be fine then :smug:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

runnypoops posted:

I would like to gently caress a dragon or have a dragon gently caress me, ideally both at the same time

how many dongs should this dragon have? rough estimate

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

So what was the deal with that weird baby? I thought he was going to be revealed as a magical shapeshifter or something, but no, we find out at the end he's a human baby and his mom's looking for him.

This baby is obviously hyper-intelligent, super-athletic, and can communicate with animals.

Con Baby is the best part of the movie.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Klyith posted:

how many dongs should this dragon have? rough estimate

A good way to gauge this from afar, the dragon is in flight for instance, is to look at the number of tits it has and proportionally round down to an odd number.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
My favorite part is when they got Benedect Wong back in to loop in audio and describe exactly what's happening onscreen after the dragon is killed.

Just like in Lion King when Simba goes "Now that Mufasa is dead, things are very sad."

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
We liked it, having seen it a half dozen times probably. It has that message that you can save the world by uniting and working together for the common good that all such movies have, even though any child who looks around the world can see that it's a completely false bill of goods.

If there's any real world lesson to be drawn from the film it's that the Droon represent humankind, rapacious and destructive.

Also, they were inconsistent about the people who get touched by the Droon turning into statues in that particular pose.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
whats the hit song from it?

like let it go

'imma dragon'

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blight rhino posted:

whats the hit song from it?

like let it go

'imma dragon'

It's not that kind of movie

Which is why it won't be a major classic among Disney films

Very pretty and nice, though. Same with Encanto

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
We still find Inside Out deeply affecting and good for both kid and parent, even though it doesn't have songs really, other than Bing Bong and the gum jingle.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

We still find Inside Out deeply affecting and good for both kid and parent, even though it doesn't have songs really, other than Bing Bong and the gum jingle.

yeah inside out is really good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Strange Aeon posted:

Sure, yeah it's great

Pixar movies have never been musicals though, the way Disney Animation Studios features are.

All their most memorable classics are the ones where characters sing. Anything else only has niche cult popularity (Emperor's New Groove, etc)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

The Bloop posted:

Sure, yeah it's great

Pixar movies have never been musicals though, the way Disney Animation Studios features are.

All their most memorable classics are the ones where characters sing. Anything else only has niche cult popularity (Emperor's New Groove, etc)

I see what you mean, I kinda just lump Pixar and Disney together, but you're right, they do have different blueprints for how they construct their films.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

It's not that kind of movie

Which is why it won't be a major classic among Disney films

Very pretty and nice, though. Same with Encanto

Something has been bothering me with the ads for Encanto I've been seeing. So there's two sisters that are physically "perfect in every way", one who shapeshifts, and a toddler than can control animals.

But cousin Dolores just gets super hearing? Thats not a gift, it's a curse! Even whispers around you would sound like screaming jet engines. I call horseshit

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Those dragons have manicured human eyebrows

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Eyebrows are important for emoting to children. It's why Whoopi Goldberg only had moderate success in children's movies.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Something has been bothering me with the ads for Encanto I've been seeing. So there's two sisters that are physically "perfect in every way", one who shapeshifts, and a toddler than can control animals.

But cousin Dolores just gets super hearing? Thats not a gift, it's a curse! Even whispers around you would sound like screaming jet engines. I call horseshit

Some of the "gifts" in the movie are more cure-like, but this is explicitly addressed in the film

I hope that helps put you at ease

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Some of the "gifts" in the movie are more cure-like, but this is explicitly addressed in the film

I hope that helps put you at ease

Unless she gets laser vision it does not.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Unless she gets laser vision it does not.

hers is the most :effort: character, it's true

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bargearse posted:

Kelly Marie Tran is great and deserves to get more work

Didn’t know Kelly Marie Tran’s agent had an account

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Who What Now posted:

Eyebrows are important for emoting to children. It's why Whoopi Goldberg only had moderate success in children's movies.

In this pic from the credits she looks a million times cooler

but also her eyebrow looks like part of the blue swirls/markings on her body, it could function as an eyebrow for emoting without being a drawn-on fashion eyebrow

Really i just wish she looked more like that credits pic and less like the new CGI little ponies crossed with a worm on a string

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

The Bloop posted:

This movie sounds like it has a lot of PepsiCo product placement.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Are we sure that that's even a dragon? I don't remember her breathing fire even a single time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Are we sure that that's even a dragon? I don't remember her breathing fire even a single time.

Dragon canon acknowledges alternate breath weapons. Sisu breathes fog.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's just being outside in the cold. It just seems like fog because of her big lungs, you see.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Applewhite posted:

Dragon canon acknowledges alternate breath weapons. Sisu breathes fog.

sounds like Sisu should brush her goddamned teeth, that's just nasty :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

The good dragons are always feathery of furry and the bad ones are always scaly. it's a very troubling anti scaly bias in the media IMO.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nice Van My Man posted:

The good dragons are always feathery of furry and the bad ones are always scaly. it's a very troubling anti scaly bias in the media IMO.

Counterpoints:

Sean Connery plays a good scaly dragon in Dragonheart and the titular Reluctant Dragon from the cartoon of the same name is also scaly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Mushu is scaly and he is also good.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Have you considered that there are no good dragons? Don't believe the metallic propaganda, they are all servants of stan

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dragons serve no master but themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Red Dragons serve the Githyanki, as per the pact made between their liberator from the Illithid, Gith, and the goddess Tiamat.