Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Prediction #1 - I will watch less wrestling in 2022 than I watched in 2021. Now I don't have a total hours watched (fortunately) but I've watched 462 shows this year probably enough time to watch another 10-14 before the year ends. Or 2,853 individual matches. So I'm predicting I pick & choose & watch way less full shows with dull undercards that only have 1 match I want to see.
Prediction #2 - According to the only metric that matters (my opinion), Shingo Takagi will be Wrestler of the Year again.
Prediction #3 - NOSAWA, Gedo/Togo & TAJIRI will continue to battle it out for most infuriating booker of a promotion I watch.
Prediction #4 - GLEAT stops being shown on Youtube & goes on something like IWTV or Fite.
Prediction #5 - Crowds in Japan will be allowed to vocally cheer & boo again before the end of 2022. That's my wildly optimistic prediction.
Prediction #6 - Kota Minoura leaves Masquerade. Yes, I'm very bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Prediction #1 - I will watch less wrestling in 2022 than I watched in 2021. Now I don't have a total hours watched (fortunately) but I've watched 462 shows this year probably enough time to watch another 10-14 before the year ends. Or 2,853 individual matches. So I'm predicting I pick & choose & watch way less full shows with dull undercards that only have 1 match I want to see.
Prediction #2 - According to the only metric that matters (my opinion), Shingo Takagi will be Wrestler of the Year again.
Prediction #3 - NOSAWA, Gedo/Togo & TAJIRI will continue to battle it out for most infuriating booker of a promotion I watch.
Prediction #4 - GLEAT stops being shown on Youtube & goes on something like IWTV or Fite.
Prediction #5 - Crowds in Japan will be allowed to vocally cheer & boo again before the end of 2022. That's my wildly optimistic prediction.

1 - LOL nope. Watched 360 shows so far & it's just July. I have been more discerning with what undercard stuff I watch and am way happier skipping poo poo though, so that part was right at least.
2 - shockingly no, Shingo isn't even top 10 right now. 20th at current count, albeit G1 is coming.
3 - Hell yeah I'm right! New Japan, NOAH have been consistently AAARGH & while All Japan have flirted with greatness they then go & do poo poo like today's main event and gently caress me.
4 - Almost! Ver.3 was on NJPW World PPV of all things, but the next G Prowrestling is not on their schedule
5 - Yes, at long last.
6 - Well, yes, Masquerade no longer exists, sucks.

So about 50%.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Well, that was hilariously wrong. I did watch fewer shows from start to finish, I did pick & choose, but uhhhh, I'm currently at 720 shows & I reckon before 2022 is out I could hit another 80. I'm also currently at 3,674 individual matches. Which is a lot. Too much probably. I will definitely try to cut down in 2023, though I've no idea how. I mean I won't have 5 full months of AEW, which'll knock 50 odd shows off my total & probably a few hundred matches, & I think I'll just completely give up on US indie stuff unless it's getting rave reviews & I'll still be hitting 3,000 matches.

forkboy84 posted:

Nah, Shingo had 2 ***** & 5 ****¾ matches last year, this year there's 3 at ****¾. There's plenty of great stuff, but he's just not been on the top of the card like last year. Instead, 2022 has been the year of Kento Miyahara. Have I mentioned that? Actually I don't think Shingo would be in my top 25 Wrestlers of the Year based on match quality. Despite being maybe my favourite wrestler, or certainly a top 5.

forkboy84 posted:

Oddly, no. NOSAWA got removed as head booker in NOAH, Gedo/Togo really seemed to get things going with New Japan this year, & TAJIRI/Ishikawa in All Japan are probably the most infuriating but only because they manage to do somethings really well & then they bring back Voodoo Murders, & they have all the other factions split up for no real reason. So I guess AJPW are winning this category but it's not so bad that AJPW isn't still the company I'm most excited to watch week to week.

forkboy84 posted:

Well, they had an iPPV but everything else has been on Youtube still so that's nice.

forkboy84 posted:

Hey, that's starting to come true. There have been vocal crowds in Japan, it's just not every show yet.

forkboy84 posted:

I was right but I feel like this was shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't think they'd completely kill my faction of 2021 but turns out the committee booking Dragongate are smarter than me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

-Kenny Omega gets another short run in NJPW. Could be before or during his return to AEW

Hey, isn't this happening now?

-That run will jumpstart Ibushi and Omega feuding again. At the conclusion of that feud Kenny turns face again.

Can't tell yet

-Excalibur will call a Sit-out Scoop Slam a Michinoku Driver again. I may or may not have a meltdown over it (again).

I don't think I had a meltdown. I should have just forced it.

Technically Kenny Omega is wrestling in New Japan in 2023. And as for jumpstarting Kenny/Kota? Nah. Kota is done with New Japan it would seem, that bridge is burnt. His contract should be up in January according to reports (it's wrestling reporting so there's a good chance it's not true...)

Isn't the sit out scoop slam basically a Michinoku Driver II?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Give it to whoever runs DDT for continuing to book Pheromones

I would, but I've long since given up watching anything on a DDT show before Pheromones are done so it is as if they no longer exist to me. It is nice (shame about the waste of Iino though)