Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Nuke Boston and Tampa from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
actually now after that game, i transcend space and time.

posting from the future: hah this pats team is gonna get clobbered next week anyway, the ball just bounced off all mahomes' recievers' hands. not a real win, plus refs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Magicpants is growing too powerful we’re running out of options here

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

fartknocker posted:

This is how you get Bradyzilla.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol bills

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The whole quote is something.

The man's mind is shattered. I was thinking the Pats would probably lose the rematch but now I feel like they're going to win out (aside from the obligatory loss to the Dolphins in the last week).

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Remember when pats fans were melting down over barely losing to the cowboys several weeks ago?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Or install a roof I dunno
No.

Fewer domes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've had time to sleep on it and I think by rule the Bills should be forced to move to Austin. Harsh but fair

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Let Canada annex Buffalo

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

I've had time to sleep on it and I think by rule the Bills should be forced to move to Austin. Harsh but fair

Austin loving sucks now, so yeah checks out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Or install a roof I dunno

Weak, lame, full of cowardice. More games like last night not fewer.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm highly amused the 2/3 was due to an Agholor drop

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

shyduck posted:

I'm highly amused the 2/3 was due to an Agholor drop

I missed that drop but I won't miss the opportunity to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZboH1UNhOQ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo I might’ve miscalculated Magicpants whole thing as a gimmick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was a December game in Buffalo.

Those happen every year. Multiple times even!

The QBs usually throw more than three times

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No one on Earth wants this even if it means Kawalimus is miserable.

Can someone who knows Kawalimus confirm/deny that I have found his picture online

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Play posted:

Can someone who knows Kawalimus confirm/deny that I have found his picture online

How good/bad the Ravens are depends on which eye he’s watching with.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

fartknocker posted:

Best to take out all of Florida. Just to be sure.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
thankful the long suffering patriots fans get to see their team on top of the AFC for once.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

Those happen every year. Multiple times even!

The QBs usually throw more than three times

Also sometimes it’s cold and windy in January when the playoffs happen.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
there is no way to look smart by making fun of someone for winning big

cant believe how often this forum gets into a big circle jerk about how tff has the smartest fans on the internet, you clowns only think that because you agree with each other

gently caress everbody and everything you stand for and everything you hold dear in this world

help me out mods

e: This NEVER happens in the NFL. This wasn’t just a crushing blow out, this was a crushing blow out with flavor and pizzazz. I will not rest until every child is singing from the rooftops Belichick is a goddamn genius.

anyway, Chiefs are still going to win the Super Bowl last year

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 7, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think you need a nap Mister.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Magicpants posted:

The Patriots are #1 in the AFC again. Boy are they.

gently caress you. Mac Jowns. I am so pumped I just gotta talk about it. Sorry if I’m the only fan on TFF who likes their team.

What other rebuild compares to this? So good so soon. One .500 year, and we’re already making the playoffs – scratch that, we’re already taking the first round bye, nerds.

Bill Belichick. Thinking about all the hot takes from self-proclaimed pats fans after the Bucs loss – Brady singlehandedly won all our super bowls and in retrospect Belichick was never even that good to begin with, we lost a few close games so fire him and hire one of these hot new coordinators like the next Arthur Smith or Saleh. LOL. Belichick is clearly obviously the greatest NFL coach of all time just as Brady is for QB. This team has been ludicrously good for decades and to the chagrin of everyone else, it is not even close to over. We just got to witness the kind of humilation and domination that you usually need to sign off on a waiver to recieve, the most one sided domination probably in the history of professional sports. Cheering for the Pats is a good time, I recommend.

Josh McDaniels. One of the best OCs in the NFL. Somehow still underrated, probably because of his HC stint and no one gives anybody credit when Brady’s around. Look how smooth this offense is running, look at the creative playcalls, look how successful the trick plays are, look at how well Mac is developing especially compared to every other rookie. I know Mac was supposed to be the most pro-ready prospect, but the Patriots obviously had a plan in place for their QB as opposed to every other organization apparently. The offense is firing on all cylinders, and it’s honestly better than what I imagined preseason. This motherfucker just pulled off a gameplan that was 100% runs in a division matchup to win the AFC as a joke.

Mac is on the attack. MAC. Jakobi is the next Edelman. MAC. Bourne is the next Welker. MAC. Hunter Henry is our best red zone threat. MAC. Agholor has been just a decoy and Jonnu has been especially worthless but whatever. MAC. Overall, an extraordinarily okay passing game. MAC. People wouldn’t talk smack about Mac’s arm if only we had a real outside WR like Jamar Chase, I would take Brandin Cooks back in a heartbeat. MAC.

Bill Belichick’s Big Beefy Boys. O-line is back to top 5 status. You got trusty stalwarts in David Andrews and Shaq Mason, Wynn also about as good, plus Karras is a better backup than some teams have at starter; all guys who don’t win awards but you are happy to start. Trent Brown and Mike Onwenu are the big boys. Big Maulers. That’s their new nickname I decided right here. Better watch out for Big Maulers, else you get big mauled. Behind them, Mondre is the man dre, Harris is fine but Mondre is exactly what this offense wants to be doing: pounding the rock, did you notice the emphasis on pounding.

Best defense in the league yet again. Other teams regularly get outsmarted by Steve Belichick that wonderous smelly mullet gremlin, licking his lips, drooling over his play sheet, humping refs’ legs. Jerod Mayo provides the gentle but strong fatherly presence everyone has been missing their whole lives that give them the confidence they need to go out there and do their best.

Headlined by all new faces. Matt Judon was not just our best FA move but the best FA in 2021. Christian Barmore is a descendent in the Seymour/Wilfork bloodline. JC Jackson playing CB as good as anyone. Adrian Phillips is Pat Chung, Kyle Dugger is Pat Chung custom modded with flame decals on the sides. I thought McCourty, Hightower, KVN, also Jamie Collins were all completely dead beginning the year, but it turns out they were only mostly dead. Juuuuust enough left in the tank for one last ride. I could also mention solid depth and rotational players like Wise, Guy, Bentley, Godchaux, but no cares.

Anyway,
<----------

WORLD CLASS MY rear end

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/aroundthenfl/status/1468207120432582664?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So many throws behind the line of scrimmage that you will lose your mind.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

Weak, lame, full of cowardice. More games like last night not fewer.

iunno man, the first quarter and some change was funny with the wacky punts and the muffed one, plus the ridiculous lack of passing from the Patriots, but the rest of it was just a boring slog. I’m sure I can find footage from the 20s and 30s on YouTube if I want to watch a game that consists of nothing but 4 yard runs. I feel like the product never lives up to the expected entertainment value.

That’s not to say that domes should be the standard, and ridiculous weather games can be fun, but to ask for more of it, ehhh…

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This MNF and Patriots victory is worth it if we can get Bill to shitpost and dunk in real life

But since the NFL is a no fun league someone get a ref to flag Bill for roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gatts posted:

This MNF and Patriots victory is worth it if we can get Bill to shitpost and dunk in real life

Bill showed up to the game wearing a Navy facemask. Dude was shitposting his gameplan for the world to see.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I am losing my mind. I am going nuts. This game has driven me insane. I am delirious with delight right now, that was incredible. Not saying it feels better than a Super Bowl win, but it was a more impressive feat. I love football.

the entire game was garbage time, the patriots spent literally the entire game grinding out the clock because that's just how much better they are as a team

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

He's gonna run it all game again. Just planting the seed in their head

Bill had his version of a dunk this morning

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1468183075729428491

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is the type of football Belichick likes to watch

https://mobile.twitter.com/pff_seth/status/1314611267965984770

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bill clearly has no faith in his quarterback, time to trade Mac Jones for a sixth rounder and a Pro Bowl-tier long snapper.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bill 100% knows every single person on both sides of this ball and would say that's some incredible mental toughness by the defense

Nov 6, 2002

At least 50% of those players are named George or Henry.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm the DE egregiously going for the QBs head well after the "pass" had been "thrown"

Nov 6, 2002

AndrewP posted:

I'm the DE egregiously going for the QBs head well after the "pass" had been "thrown"

That's actually Deacon Jones' father.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ah, the '33 Eagles and famous names like Nip Felber, Milton Leathers and Swede Hanson

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Ah, the '33 Eagles and famous names like Nip Felber, Milton Leathers and Swede Hanson

Supposedly playing the ‘33 Portsmouth Spartans, the year before they became the Detroit Lions, with such luminaries as Leroy “Ace” Gutowsky, Roy “Father” Lumpkin, Faye “Mule”Wilson, Elmer Schaake, under head coach George “Potsy” Clark.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

If you played football before 1960 were you legally required to have a stupid nickname?