Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've been praying for the health and safety of each individual Cincinnati Bengals player every night and it's nice to see the advance stats prove it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Its Tebow time but I don't think he believes in Saints.

The Juggernaut fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 4, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints are very very injured. The Titans and Cardinals are even more injured but they also have more depth at the injured positions and impressive coaching jobs have kept them from falling apart as badly.

It’s pretty weird to act like going from 5-2 to 5-7 is completely unrelated to a bunch of players, including the starting QB, being injured. It’s still ultimately a problem the team has to solve and why depth matters, but with average injury luck they probably get a wild card spot with how bad the NFC is this year.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the saints definitely would have beat out the vikings or whoever for the last wildcard with slightly better qbs than a guy named siemien and a guy who cant throw playing without a hand. it was never going to be a great team but payton still knows how to play good football. i think the really damning thing is the saints continue to kick their cap down the road while desperately clinging to vestiges of a playoff team. the saints are the team that everyone wanted the pats to be, yesterdays defense slowing dying while cycling through a slew of disappointing replacements at qb. but the pats just ate all their dead money last year so they could stock up in FA and kickstart the rebuild. the saints still have the worst cap situation in the league but almost anybody worth a drat is out the door: retiring or being slant boy and who knows how much longer kamara has. i dont think theyve hit on a draft since 2017 -- do they have any young players, just a couple mid career vets in lattimore, marcus williams, ramczyk? what im saying is the cap was always real

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Magicpants posted:

the saints definitely would have beat out the vikings or whoever for the last wildcard with slightly better qbs than a guy named siemien and a guy who cant throw playing without a hand. it was never going to be a great team but payton still knows how to play good football. i think the really damning thing is the saints continue to kick their cap down the road while desperately clinging to vestiges of a playoff team. the saints are the team that everyone wanted the pats to be, yesterdays defense slowing dying while cycling through a slew of disappointing replacements at qb. but the pats just ate all their dead money last year so they could stock up in FA and kickstart the rebuild. the saints still have the worst cap situation in the league but almost anybody worth a drat is out the door: retiring or being slant boy and who knows how much longer kamara has. i dont think theyve hit on a draft since 2017 -- do they have any young players, just a couple mid career vets in lattimore, marcus williams, ramczyk? what im saying is the cap was always real

They’ve gotten a couple of starters out of every draft since then. They’ve consistently invested in the offensive line so they’ve got a lot of young players there. They’ve also found a couple of defensive backs as well to fill in around Lattimore and Williams. They haven’t had a draft like 2017, but those don’t come around often.

Their biggest issue is QB, but that’s tough to fix when you’re drafting at the end of the round. They badly need receivers and pass rush but that’s also a place where injuries this year are hurting them with slant boy and their first round DE being out for the year. Even if they’d had cap space I doubt they’d have paid Hendrickson what he commanded as a free agent. The Davenport pick was a pretty big whiff too.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 4, 2021

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So is Jameis the locked in day 1 starter next year?

I'd rather the team go 0-17 than give him one more snap.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ohhhhh its saying active as in, have played every game. drat that was very unclear to me.

Don't feel bad. It's a very poorly titled chart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Winston is a free agent anyway. This year was meant to be his audition for a long term deal.

It's going to be an interesting offseason with QBs.

Atlanta might want to move Ryan while they can still get something for him. Throw Rogan is a snide comment from his coach away from tossing his toys out of the cot and demanding a trade. Seattle probably need to do a rebuild and I could forsee a scenario where Carrol retires or gets retired and Russ doesn't want to stick around for it. Brady will play forever but if he goes back to back who knows. The Browns will have to decide if Baker is worth a mega deal. Then you have Detroit, the Giants and Philly who will all probably want an upgrade, Carolina, New Orleans, Denver, Houston and Pittsburgh will all for sure be in the market for someone new.

The free agent list is pretty bad - the only starting candidate as a player is Jameis. Watson is available for a kings ransom and has well... other issues. Could be as many as 10 teams in the market for a new quarterback with a bad draft class and a wasteland of dustmen in free agency.

Trade for Minshew? Then again I kind of expect him to start for philly sooner rather than later this season.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Must suck to have not drafted an all time great QB like the bears did

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

BlindSite posted:

Winston is a free agent anyway. This year was meant to be his audition for a long term deal.

It's going to be an interesting offseason with QBs.

Atlanta might want to move Ryan while they can still get something for him. Throw Rogan is a snide comment from his coach away from tossing his toys out of the cot and demanding a trade. Seattle probably need to do a rebuild and I could forsee a scenario where Carrol retires or gets retired and Russ doesn't want to stick around for it. Brady will play forever but if he goes back to back who knows. The Browns will have to decide if Baker is worth a mega deal. Then you have Detroit, the Giants and Philly who will all probably want an upgrade, Carolina, New Orleans, Denver, Houston and Pittsburgh will all for sure be in the market for someone new.

The free agent list is pretty bad - the only starting candidate as a player is Jameis. Watson is available for a kings ransom and has well... other issues. Could be as many as 10 teams in the market for a new quarterback with a bad draft class and a wasteland of dustmen in free agency.

Trade for Minshew? Then again I kind of expect him to start for philly sooner rather than later this season.
Don't forget that the Dolphins were on the verge of pulling the trigger on a trade for Deshaun Watson before the trade deadline, before the Texans decided to raise the price at the last minute(because they are profoundly dumb).
So you might see them go for that again and look to dump Tua.
Which would be profoundly stupid, because Tua looks good, but it's the Dolphins.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Don't forget that the Dolphins were on the verge of pulling the trigger on a trade for Deshaun Watson before the trade deadline, before the Texans decided to raise the price at the last minute(because they are profoundly dumb).
So you might see them go for that again and look to dump Tua.
Which would be profoundly stupid, because Tua looks good, but it's the Dolphins.

This has been refuted by all parties not in Watsons camp. Watsons agent was the one spreading everything including the phone call. THEY called MIAMI to push, Miami spoke with the nfl and the nfl said hell no. Everything else was made up.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

Must suck to have not drafted an all time great QB like the bears did

True, Sid Luckman was pretty good

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

This has been refuted by all parties not in Watsons camp. Watsons agent was the one spreading everything including the phone call. THEY called MIAMI to push, Miami spoke with the nfl and the nfl said hell no. Everything else was made up.
I certainly hope so. Tua deserves better than that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ironically a lot of stuff coming out says Tua has two huge backers in Grier + Marino, so I feel safe about him not being replaced by a rapist who cost 3 first rounders

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
So long as the Dolphin's owner is interested anything is a possibility.

I agree that it will be an interesting offseason for QBs

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Interesting is a poor synonym for dire. So many teams have absolute rear end at qb and the leader in the clubhouse is jameis...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Interesting is a poor synonym for dire. So many teams have absolute rear end at qb and the leader in the clubhouse is jameis...

Wilson and Rodgers possibly being available plus whatever happens with Watson will make it interesting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BlindSite posted:

The Browns will have to decide if Baker is worth a mega deal.

The 5th year option is doing some heavy lifting on the stress levels on the FO rn

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wilson and Rodgers possibly being available plus whatever happens with Watson will make it interesting.

I imagine Mariota and Trubisky will get some looks, too.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, and Jimmy G are all on the trade block next off-season. Will be really interesting.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I think it's reasonable Jimmy ends up in New Orleans. During the off-season when all of the Jimmy back to the Patriots rumors were flying a few of the beat writers said to watch out for the Saints because Payton loves Jimmy. Loomis would have to do some more dark wizardry with the cap but he keeps making it work somehow

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kirk Goofins

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Lions have won the pennant! The Lions have won the pennant!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Well the first J-off didn't go our way, and it was one of the weirdest games I've ever watched, but the two J's both played some pretty good football. Looking forward to the next one. Bengals definitely inflicted some wounds on themselves but the Chargers dominated the D-line and absolutely deserved the win. Justin is unreal and Joe gutting out the finger injury was very impressive. Lotta injuries - on both sides - hopefully none too serious.

Get well soon, Hopkins and Reiff, your backups ain't it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Vikings.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Imagine going 0-3 on two-point conversions and losing by two points.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lol Vikings

Congratulations to Jared Goff for winning his first game without Sean McVay as his head coach.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Justin Herbert good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ekeler had some weird fumbles. That's not normal.

The Chargers pass rush looking good without Bosa was something I didn't expect to see.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1467606550537719814

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

That is just loving brutal.

but true

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Best sports weekend ever for the state of Michigan? In football, at least.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

ahhh its nice to have everyone on the same page that the Saints are a bad team this year. early on people were arguing they were still solid and could get a wildcard spot but it feels good to have reality set in. no, the team that lost one of the best passers of all time isn't gonna instantly be ok. i still think payton is a wizard and if he gets anyone remotely mediocre back in they'll be competitive

They had a good record until Jameis got hurt so :shobon:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

saints will win the superbowl next year buckaroo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins did another win. They are by no means good, but they are at least respectable. Also their top three picks have all started playing really well, which is nice.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So are Wentz and the colts actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mastershakeman posted:

So are Wentz and the colts actually good

Yes