Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
i want Pain Train to be good, but good lord, they just spin that eggbeater up and then cannot turn for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Looten Plunder posted:

I showed this to my 8 and 5 year old (thank god I could skip all the bloated noise in between matches) and holy poo poo. They spent the night spinning around the room beating the poo poo out of each other pretending they were robots and they've now spent the entire day making Bots out of Lego, giving them profiles and battling each other. This is pure crack for them.

If they end up discovering the Hexbug kits exist, my report on those is that they are “fine” but I’ve have to disassemble them to untangle hair from gears once or twice. The custom bots are better value than the branded mini clones imo

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Looten Plunder posted:

Can you send us a couple of examples of "custom bots"? Are you just referring to the "build your own" accessory kits or is there unbranded/copyright skirting "battlebots" that I'm not seeing somewhere?

Sorry, I meant the build your own accessory kit ones

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Lone Goat posted:

The weight limit applies to a sum of all bots. I think there's also a rule where one bot has to be at least X% of the total mass but i forget what the number is maybe 60%??

Smeeeeeeeeeeee? No it isn't, really

Huge? Yes

The mass thing is what percentage of the bots (by weight) has to be KOed for a KO finish (obviously only if you’ve got more than one)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
the shelf is cool in theory imo, I don't love that it shrank the usable space of the battlebox though

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

howe_sam posted:

Is that the Gulf Oil livery on P1?

yep, same as it had in the bounty hunter fights it was in

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I felt like Duck had traction problems, but they don’t mention it. Maybe my untrained eyes

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

I will always root for the Lost Otakus robot

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Glad they’re providing brackets again. My kid currently holds the house Moderately Large Nut for having the best bracket last season. And that is bullshit

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

PostNouveau posted:

There's also a lot of chatter on Reddit about the new out of bounds rules. Apparently, you cannot put someone out of bounds intentionally. If it's an accident, you win the match. If it's intentional, you're DQ'd. It would be funny if Blip and Tantrum were forced to fight for TV reasons, Tantrum just parked near the out of bounds area and let Blip flip it out, and then Blip is DQ'd using a rule they haven't talked about or applied all year.

You know, I was thinking in the past episode that it seemed like flippers weren't aiming for the DQ as much as I thought they should, I guess that rule explains why

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

RBA Starblade posted:

My god that's Rusty's music!

the treads he went with this season, i thought were just baffling

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

oh jay posted:

https://twitter.com/BattleBots/status/1541540919312121856?s=20

We've been had. There never was a Bounty Hunters season. It's some kind of champion of champions deal.

Coming August, so that's when you need to fire up your Discovery+ account.

that bolt BETTER fit in a giant nut, istg

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
My 6 year old is all the way in on Madcatter's shtick, so it slays with the biggest battlebot fan in the house :shrug:

it's nice they release this fully produced at least :unsmith:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Otteration posted:

Have they been on a floor at before? I’m all in for new folks and bots, even if it is just a bad relay or whatever that kills them.

yeah, they were in a regular season fight against Valkyrie, they lasted a whole 9 seconds longer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfWOehOcZ3k

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Antivehicular posted:

I really really want Pain Train to be good, but I am not sure Pain Train will ever be good

I feel the exact same way

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

TomR posted:

That was nuts. Glitch managing to just happen to be pointing the right way from flailing around so often. Almost pulling the Tombstone signature move of baiting with the wheel and going for the kill, but by accident.

I’m coming around to the idea he’s playing possum on purpose

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/BattleBots/status/1561669516014280706

Pre-show, I'll predict Bloodsport advances to finals and loses to Skorpios.

Pretty weak field for this one, but should be some even matches.

they really just stuck them all together huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

In the rules at least there isn't anything that would prevent this. But also Battlebots specifically is a competition where they actually approve which robots are allowed to compete. They are not going to deny a team like End Game or Tombstone from going to a future event by effectively forfeiting a match. But one of the smaller teams? Who knows.

And I guess even more direct. The "selection committee" even picks which robots get to move forward in the competition itself. Entertainment factor is one of the criteria for getting in the final 32.

The show doesn’t pay enough to have your bot turned to mulch every match