Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is a stupid question but I'll ask anyway-

The Tombstone guy used to have a bot called Last Rites which was pretty much the exact same bot. Why the name change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I liked the sportsmanship and I hate being cynical, but I'm guessing Smeeeeeeee felt the win coming and wanted a better show for the selection committee. They don't usually have that opportunity.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not sure about the rule change but that was definitely Hydra. It was kind of bullshit and further cemented the heel status of Team Whyachi.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That's fantastic! I got into NHRL from this thread and it makes me happy. I love watching the tiny bots bouncing off from each other, and Fluffy is an understated delight. And it's close enough to me, and 1 lb. bots are approachable enough, I'm almost wondering how to get into it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I just came across a little checklist for robot combat I found interesting enough. Not sure if it's amateur hour but here it is anyway:

https://makezine.com/2022/04/30/10-rules-to-win-at-robot-combat/