Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Classic tottenham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Can this be linked back to the Brentford match? Ivan Toney tested positive for Covid earlier this week.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

greazeball posted:

Leeds Mod, any opinions on the San Frnacisco 49ers ownership stake? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59548311

They can't be any worse than the series of travelling circuses we've had roll into town over the last 20 years, he said never-had-an-american-in-100%-controlishly

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The York family is garbage and directly ruined the 49ers in large part by making their useless failson the general manager of the team.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Its annoying because Brighton have all of their first choice centre backs unavailable at the moment due to suspension or injury and this might have evened things up a bit.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"Newcastle are very bad" lmao

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

TheRat posted:

Never has a truer thing been posted

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

Utd-passing-between-defenders-for-20-mins.jpg

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Classic tottenham

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1468646370592673793

lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

There's nothing festive about a Spurs fixture so what does this change really?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

"You can't unwrap your three points until everyone's here" seems fairly festive imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1468636812365209600?t=uxDYJ0EAZRUaZNKicl0kvg&s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol the league is going to get postponed again.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Empty stadiums again soon as well I reckon, judging by continental Europe.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah :(

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

seems pretty inevitable at this point but we can live in hope

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
They should cancel the season right now, before Leeds have to do the December gauntlet of doom

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Nice to see City take a proactive stance for once

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Cases are already up 10% over the last week, and the weak piss NPIs the government have just announced are about as much use as a Newcastle back 4. Of course in theory you're supposed to be fully vaccinated to get into grounds now, but I don't think West Ham are an outlier in enforcing this by having a bloke in hiviz shouting "You had your vaccine?" at about 1 in 10 people who pass him after the security line, with literally no followup.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Cases are already up 10% over the last week, and the weak piss NPIs the government have just announced are about as much use as a Newcastle back 4. Of course in theory you're supposed to be fully vaccinated to get into grounds now, but I don't think West Ham are an outlier in enforcing this by having a bloke in hiviz shouting "You had your vaccine?" at about 1 in 10 people who pass him after the security line, with literally no followup.

Would blowing bubbles be a vector to spread it throughout the entire stadium

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Only if the bubbles burst

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

Would blowing bubbles be a vector to spread it throughout the entire stadium

Adding that one to the "Things Klopp will use to excuse bottling it at the LS yet again" file.

TheRat posted:

Only if the bubbles burst

Luckily they don't, just like my dreams they fade and die.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Over here (Belgium) you have to show your covid pass at the entrance. And we can still attend games, but you're not allowed to eat or drink in the stadium anymore. And everybody has to wear a mask at all times.
It's annoying (especially the no beer part) but it's better than not being allowed to attend games at all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've seen stewards who seem to be covid passport inspectors at st james park but I haven't seen them actually ask anyone for proof

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Spurs' game against Brighton has been postponed. https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1469007934898253825

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is that American still hanging around trying to see Spurs play?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

They've also got the game against Burnley, postponed due to weather, to reschedule. Obviously they have to get the Rennes one done *soon* because otherwise it delays the entire rest of the GM Euro Conference or whatever the gently caress it is they're playing in, and the entire Prem is already booked up solid with two games a week until the New Year. I'd also assume, with 10 days isolation, they'll need to postpone their midweek game next week, which means they'll probably have to be doing two games a week for a whole month at some point in the new year even before you factor in possible FA Cup and other games.

Those two international breaks in autumn are looking like a particularly loving brilliant idea right now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

greazeball posted:

Is that American still hanging around trying to see Spurs play?

I think EC10 is still an Arsenal fan atm but we can see.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They've also got the game against Burnley, postponed due to weather, to reschedule. Obviously they have to get the Rennes one done *soon* because otherwise it delays the entire rest of the GM Euro Conference or whatever the gently caress it is they're playing in, and the entire Prem is already booked up solid with two games a week until the New Year. I'd also assume, with 10 days isolation, they'll need to postpone their midweek game next week, which means they'll probably have to be doing two games a week for a whole month at some point in the new year even before you factor in possible FA Cup and other games.

Those two international breaks in autumn are looking like a particularly loving brilliant idea right now.

Yeah this is starting to look pretty disastrous at the moment. Wont even be getting the benefit of any extra training with the amount of players isolating. I wonder if there is any possibility of simply forfeiting the Europa conference game because that can't get much more embarrassing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Will telly get another early game to make up for it or nah?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Spurs should have to play all their make up games on the same day.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When was the last double header in the top flight? Feel sure I read a guardian knowledge when during one of the terrible winters in the 70s there were so many postponed games they had to do multiple games on the same day to get through them

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I think actual 6 pointers is the best way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Cancel the league and start again next year imo

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jose posted:

i've seen stewards who seem to be covid passport inspectors at st james park but I haven't seen them actually ask anyone for proof

Looking for journalists.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Cancel the league and start again next year imo

:agreed: Keep the league places as they are, especially relegation zone.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

:agreed: Keep the league places as they are, especially relegation zone.

Seconded, but about the top 4.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

When was the last double header in the top flight? Feel sure I read a guardian knowledge when during one of the terrible winters in the 70s there were so many postponed games they had to do multiple games on the same day to get through them

The closest I can remember was when Liverpool fielded two entirely different teams in the Club World Cup and FA Cup a couple years back. For the league though not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Imagine what would happen if someone had the bright idea to throw a winter world cup into the mix too ...