Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I started a reread of Hogfather a couple days ago and just noticed the thread. I've always thought this was one of Pratchett's weaker books plot-wise, but I've been having a lot of fun with it. I just got to the bit where the wizards brew up the hangover cure for the Oh God of Hangovers and I just love all the idiot banter between the wizards. And the main difference between them and a bunch of bickering idiot old men is that Death's granddaughter can walk through the walls carrying a body and Ridcully's response is "Putting down or taking away?" Or that the magic hangover cure is a bunch of "my brother always used to swear by" folk remedies except with a magic ball of light added to enhance the effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU