Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I'm in the middle of my annual listen of the Nigel Planer audiobook.

I love Death so much. The scenes where he's at Crumley's and the owner tries to get him arrested :discourse:

Also Good King Wenceslas is one of my favourite carols and I love Albert having to mind the details that Death would never understand in that regard.

HO HO HO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Kestral posted:

Teatime - ahem, Te-ah-tim-eh - is a nightmare, and may be Pratchett's most unsettling antagonist outside of Carcer, and Carcer is a Joker expy so he barely counts. The idea of a child sitting up at night thinking about how to murder all the mythic holiday beings is both profoundly creepy and also something you can imagine an actual sociopathic child doing. I'm a bit past the point where his crew is rampaging through the tower, and starting to remember how much worse that side of the storyline gets, but vaguely enough that all I'm getting are flashes of imagery and a sense of looming dread.

He is a very unsettling antagonist. He manages to be brutal and savage but in an interesting way.

quote:

Mister Teatime had a truly brilliant mind, but it was brilliant like a fractured mirror, all marvellous facets and rainbows but, ultimately, also something that was broken.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

YggiDee posted:

From what I remember Death just flipped Mort's empty Lifetimer, so he and Ysabell made it to maybe their mid-thirties.

That was brought up in the book, and Death said that the lifetimers don't work according to the same rules of logic as normal time, and Mort had "enough" time