Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near optimal -even when I was doing spreadsheets I never spent much time considering what the actual better alternatives might be for her- but turning Severa's life into a horrible Ouroboros of mommy issues is too funny not to go for on Rev any time I'm either being a completionist or giving Subaki one more chance to let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Birthright really feels like they handed a bunch of the mechanical character design over to the same person responsible for the Dawn Brigade in 10 and then didn't really account for that at all. Same issue where a bunch of the characters have growth spreads that fit another class better, but with way less reason to bother trying to make any of those work under normal circumstances.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tharja as a parent is just...weird. You want a fun exercise in the pitfalls of generic supports, pair her with Robin and try to reconcile any two supports in that family with each other.

The main localization change I know about with Rhajat is them changing her FCorrin support to be the same as the MCorrin one which, considering that one is pretty much "yep, Rhajat sure is a stalker, haha. Now they're married potentially!" is definitely...a choice?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Checking the numbers, it doesn't look like that big a difference. Sakura gives her a 25% skill growth, Elise would give her 17.5. I haven't actually tried that one myself, gave up on leaping through the ever-shifting hoops to make homebrew work and decided after one go that optimizing pairings with the hack was, while a fun one-time thought experiment, an absolute *clusterfuck* in practice from the knock-on effects of them opening up almost every pairing option within each gen. But I doubt her accuracy issues'd be all that much worse with Elise than they'd be with Sakura or Nyx.

Sakura's my go-to for her on normal runs too, if largely so I can get the pairing done, get off-brand Ricken back to the bench where he belongs, and get on with it ASAP.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

My Kagero opinion is it's weird how of all things they made "Kagero gets captured and must be rescued by Corrin and her ex" be like the one post-split event that happens on every route.

In a vacuum, I'd probably put Kagero above Kaze myself for her stat spread, but between his weird plot death thing making him practically mandatory and her joining so much later than the other two, yeah, she's definitely the hardest of the three to justify using on BR. I was gonna say she's one of the rare few who's better off in Rev since at least there she joins around the same time as Saizo, but then I remember that's right around the point it finally starts dumping a bunch of the actually good characters on you. Poor Kagero.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

There was a goon-made calculator for Gay Fates a few years back. Dug up the link for it here, though the actual numbers won't show up for me no matter which browser I open it in. I remember it working fine for me before, so no idea what the issue is there. No one else seems to have made one that I could find with a couple searches.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Rend Heaven adds half of the enemy's str or mag (whichever matches the weapon you're using) to damage, with an activation rate of Skill x1.5. Other than Vengeance, which has the same rate, every other offensive proc in the game is Skill% or lower, so it's about as reliable a source of extra damage as you're going to get from those as long as you're matching weapon type.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

That's in Rev.

Where it's also combined with "what if we brought back the stealth mission mechanics from that one map in 9, but made them immensely worse and tied a pair of boots to it to discourage you from just shrugging and ignoring the gimmick?"

I still end up ignoring it anyway because the one time I got the Boots was a fucksawful slog of following a video of the map patterns with only two pairups deployed for an ungodly number of turns but it bugs me to miss out on them every time.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Bogart posted:

Gay Fates is supposed to add new supports for all y the Corrinlovers, isn't it?

It added a fair few options for them, yeah. Don't recall what else Scarlet got from it or know what else might have been added for her since I last played with it, but I know it gave her a Ryoma support and she makes a pretty solid mom for Shiro.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Considering everything related to Shiro, I think the thing to be said is that Ryoma is incredibly godawful at every part of his job that doesn't involve swinging a magic lightning katana at things.

Unfortunately for everyone else, it turns out that's a skill you can coast on pretty hard in the right circumstances.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Awakening -faires actually switched the bonus from Str to Mag if you swapped to a magic weapon. The only real change in their benefits is that with the stat bonus gone and all the staves having fixed ranges Tomefaire isn't a free bonus to healing + 2-3 extra squares of Physic/Rescue range anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Seconding leaving Setsuna in Sniper. She deserves an S rank weapon, especially with the bow being one of the ones where the drawbacks don't make it largely pointless.