Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Such is the way of things, I fear. I shall consider it a miracle if mine armor is not stained crimson ere this conflict is ended.
My main use for Kaden has been passing down Rend Heaven to his kids. I think it worked out best when I paired him with Azura once.

Thanks for this thread! For all its warts, Fates has gameplay I really like and I'm really enjoying reading what it's like on Lunatic, since I only play on Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Such is the way of things, I fear. I shall consider it a miracle if mine armor is not stained crimson ere this conflict is ended.
Voting to give the booster to Orochi. I'm a bit biased since she's one of my favourite characters - in supports, at least, I've never managed to make her viable long-term - so I want her to flourish in your run.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I've found Caeldori is nicely suited for Swordmaster, myself - my first playthrough of Revelations I had Hana as her mom (but actually I was passing down Luna from an Effie A+ support - I grinded a lot that time), currently I'm playing with the gay hack with Laslow as her other parent. Both times I had a very balanced, surprisingly sturdy counter to Berserkers. Certainly better than any of the units who start in Samurai and aren't Ryouma.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

To be fair, the problem started in Awakening, which had its own set of characters who only supported Robin and maybe one other person. It's not a good choice imo but Fates didn't invent it at least - we already know it iterated on features from the previous game without really thinking about how and why or is it necessary.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I found myself preferring Rhajat to Tharja because she lacks her precedessor's awful parenting, but she has a few nice support chains if you're willing to dig into that. The one with Mitama is very :3: as I recall.

Of course, I'd rather have a completely original character over an expy, but you know.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I've attempted to use Rhajat as an Oni Chieftain and I think she barely broke double digit skill. Nyx was her mother, I believe, which certainly didn't help, but still. :negative: I hope yours turns out well, but that 8 skill brought up so many bad memories...

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Jadecore posted:

Tales From Gay Fates unit notes from the last analysis: You know who's actually a very appropriate mother for Rhajat it's slightly surprising wasn't an option in canon Revelation? Elise! Pair up the two "the game is very insistent you know they're legally adults and it's Not Weird, Okay" mages, and you get a Rhajat who can best be described as a magic nuke even more than Ophelia.

I considered doing this but I balked at Elise's bad skill hurting Rhajat's even more, was that a big issue? What class did you stick her in? If I want to use Rhajat I make Sakura her mother, personally.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I use Kagero a fair bunch, I think she's alright. Saizo usually turns out a bit too slow to be reliable for me and Kaze has noodle arms so I only really use him in Conquest (and even there he was most useful the time I made him a butler).

Then again I don't play on Lunatic :shobon:

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I think in the case of Flora and Scarlet it might be a "don't you wish to see how they end up in the route where you don't go against them?" thing, signaling to the player that ~their choices have consequences~ and ~please buy dlc~. No comment on why they, or unsupported Kaze, die so weirdly, though.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

I completely forgot this chapter exists and I definitely played Birthright more times than Conquest.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Ryouma feels a bit like cheating in Birthright and I usually avoid using him, even if I already had Hana and Hinata turn out bad. I don't have similar concerns about his son, who usually turns out as a monster as well, somehow. Probably the lack of Raijinto? I overall like that Fates did away with weapon durability, but Raijinto being that powerful and unbreakable just doesn't feel right.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

One time I tried making Midori a Witch for funsies. Made Orochi her mom, made her inherit Tomefaire, lotta effort went into it.

She had a 60% magic growth and was still behind in it. That's my story. :eng99:

In this Paralogue I usually try to box Candace in with three or four units and then use the rest of my dudes to leisurely rout the map. Nice of IntSys not to give her Pass.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Azura!Midori has worked out well for me too, yeah. Pity that Kaze doesn't do any favours to Shigure.

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Hisame isn't very interesting in personality or stats, but I like his supports with Shigure at least. One time I gave him a DLC class to make him more unique and he was still boring. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventadour
Feb 17, 2012

Mitama owns, I think I used her every single time I could. Physically strong moms are my go-to, usually, there's a lot of staff users on my usual teams so I go all in on bows.

Her supports with Rhajat are good too. :3: Probably the best showing for Rhajat, really.