Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
recently started playing this because I needed something to scratch the fire emblem itch and I'd heard it was very bad and cringey, so I expected to jump in and immediately start rolling my eyes at everything

...but honestly? even if the plot is kinda generic, I'm enjoying the writing more than I ever did with Awakening. Characters have personalities! They're not particularly deep personalities, but I'll take it!

My one complaint is that, unlike Shadows of Valentia, none of the DLC gives you items that let you gently caress with the growth rates, which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

personally, i made Oboro Selkie's mom, because Kaden has attack and speed in spades

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Shiny777 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near optimal -even when I was doing spreadsheets I never spent much time considering what the actual better alternatives might be for her- but turning Severa's life into a horrible Ouroboros of mommy issues is too funny not to go for on Rev any time I'm either being a completionist or giving Subaki one more chance to let me down.
the fact that this is possible is hilarious to me

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

midnight lasagna posted:

Anyway, the enemy has us surrounded and outnumbered and our plan is to... leave the already outnumbered resistance forces behind and charge straight into Nohrian territory to assault Garon head on, a situation in which we will face even more enemies with even less allies to back us up? Maybe finding Ryoma was a bad idea, his plans don't make a lot of sense.
Ryoma's plans are all made on the assumption that everyone else is as capable as he is. "What do you mean you can't solo the enemy army? They've only got like a 3% hit rate, don't be such a baby."