Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who would you rather have for a game winning drive?
Kirk Cousins
Andy Dalton
Jared Goff
Taysom Hill
View Results

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Nick Foles and Peyton in his final year in Denver showed you can win a superbowl without a top 3 QB. The problem is you've got to have a dominant pass rush and a lot of luck.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Jake Delhomme actually won some big games :colbert:

Everyone loving loved Delhomme though. I don't think Kirk inspires much emotion unless he fixes you with that weird stare then you're probably not sure if he wants to gently caress you or wear your skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Flacco was never a top 3 QB. Wilson wasn’t in the year he won the super bowl. Eli was probably never a top 3 QB either.

Yeah they're all also excellent points. Wilson is arguably the best of that bunch and he wasn't amazing that year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kirk Cousins for Baker Mayfield kind of feels like a thing that could happen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

I feel like that applies to the majority of starting QBs in the nfl right now

Only if the Vikings really need to clear some cap or are just sick of Kirk's poo poo (couldn't blame them for that)

Rumour is with their defensive woes they want to clear cap. He's also heading into the final year of his deal and he wants a raise.

Stefanski was also his oc his first 2 years in minn.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Y'all need to stop with this evil-rear end poo poo. No. NO. Please god let not this heresy be.

The browns love analytical moves too and theyre for sure going to look at his regular season numbers and expect them to continue.

They'll look at his record against playoff teams and assume... he's due to come good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DoctaFun posted:

Is cousins even remotely tradeable?

Like, I get his contract is an albatross, but if the Vikings ate like 100% of the salary, could they get a 1st round pick for him?

Most the trades for QBs with big salaries usually result in some kind of restructure so the team trading for them doesn't eat the entire hit. Cousins I believe is in the vicinity of 30ish mil for a cap hit, but like the Panthers did with Bridgewater you can convert a big chunk of it to eat some of the cap for the team they're being traded to.

You would think if he got traded the Vikings would probably do something similar and take the hit for 10 mill with whatever team taking him giving him an extension and spreading more of that hit out. The Giants for instance who have the need and the picks to get a deal done couldn't fit him in their cap at the moment so some kind of fuckery would have to take place, same for the Panthers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

If the Vikings ate his entire cap hit he would definitely, definitely be worth a first rounder if not that and more

Not sure if there's a team where that concept really fits that well right now though

I'm not sure it's possible for them to eat his entire hit. IIRC its basically a restructure to make it a roster bonus at whatever tomorrow date is and then the day after you'll be traded to team X. But the Vikings entire reason for trading him would be to get as much of his salary off the books as possible and while 10mill looks better than 30 I don't think there's a way the vikes agree to take the whole hit.

I think a more likely scenario would be someone getting a cheaper price for him and taking the full hit. There would be a few candidates who can fit 30 mill and would be in need though

Washington (lol)
Pittsburgh
Denver
Seattle
Cleveland

Again - they'd also likely sign him for another 2 years or so and convert some to bonus to pro rate the hit, but even if they planned on a one year rental and drafted someone Pitt, Cleveland, Denver and Seattle could all take the hit.