Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rick posted:

as someone who reads the Culver thread in disgust at all you weirdos, Freddies is way better across the board for me.

culver's has cheese curds

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

i say swears online posted:

culver's has cheese curds

So does Freddy's unless they discontinued them? I haven't been to one in a while.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god you're right, i never knew

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i used to be team cherry limeade until i realized they had cranberry limeade on the exact same ding dang menu

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

cranberry limeade

I don't get it often because I don't make it to sonic regularly, but it is an amazing refreshing treat on a hot summer day and I feel there is no reason to get the cherry or strawberry in comparison, but, I like cranberry and like that sweet tart goodness combo with extra tartness and better taste wins hands down in comparison. Pretty good with some vodka as an "at home mix in" too sometimes.

cranberry limeade supremacy

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
did sonic the burger chain ever do a crossover promo with sonic the hedgehog video games

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they never could agree on top billing

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

they tried but all their new POS systems got sent to all the worst gas stations in your local area for some reason instead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

got a few jr breakfast burritos off the value menu and they accidentally made me the premium burritos that cost like 3x as much. i ate until i fell into a coma and ended up taking a four-hour nap. not bad for $5

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hmmmm over pebble ice in a crystal goblet yes?

https://twitter.com/RawhideKobe/status/1543712164535406592?s=20&t=zS6XOoxYOS7meHAUQIpC1g

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cherry limeade hard seltzer is just a natural progression from me pretty much only using slushes as a mixer

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I’d almost give that a try. I wonder where that is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I bought the powder what with what you add it to a water bottle and while it's good it doesn't taste like the store stuff very much, especially the ocean water.

I'm assuming the cocktails probably use that same powder.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

cherry limeade is real good but i wish they would dial the sweetness back by about a third. it's like drinking syrup

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

cherry limeade is real good but i wish they would dial the sweetness back by about a third. it's like drinking syrup

Well I mean they take sprite and then add cherry syrup to it with a squeeze of lime juice... It's pop with extra sugar

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Try a diet one.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

If you can get one to double the lime juice, it's better.

Or just get a cherry limeade slush. I've yet to have one that wasn't mouth-puckeringly tart, like a limeade is supposed to be.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

It's Friday and I didn't binge eat or drink last night so I thought I'd treat myself to a #16 (sausage) this morning. Love spending the rest of the morning feeling like a slug after consuming howevermany calories, just means I have to drink more coffee

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fifty-cent corndogs today. best thing that's happened to me in months

----------------

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Don't knock it man, the ocean waters are off the chain when you're drunk at the pool and don't wanna push into plastered territory, but they only put two of 'em in a pack :argh:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

White Light posted:

Don't knock it man, the ocean waters are off the chain when you're drunk at the pool and don't wanna push into plastered territory, but they only put two of 'em in a pack :argh:

infuriating, it's the only one i wanna try and twelve sound way better than two

edit it looks like they do exist

https://drizly.com/beer/specialty-beer-alternatives/hard-seltzer/sonic-hard-seltzer-ocean-water/p194246

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Drizly will bring you anything you want in sixty minutes or less.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Go for the happy hour drinks and have an enormous cherry limeade.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Happy hour all the time in the app. *Guy pointing to brain*

Cherry or cranberry limeade is God tier, but I like the Arnold Palmer with half lemonade half unsweet tea. #winningh

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Went and watched Black Panther with my sister the other day, afterwards hit up Sonic for a foot-long chili dog w/ onions, a Cherry Limeade and the Broccoli and Cheddar tots. Would recommend, well maybe not the tots. They were astonishingly bland, not bad at all, just really bland.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
The tots are bland and very lacking in the crisp department, but they aren't that bad with some ranch. you can kind of close your eyes and think of them as some kind of cream of broccoli soup bites. The price vs quantity of these and regular tots is uneven tho.

A good deal is the grilled cheese, and add tomato for free, and it's $2 and like 400 calories. Smart and better than a gross McChicken or something

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they were smaller than i expected, but the 2/$5 texas toast burgers was still a decent deal. woo texas toast

----------------

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i've never had sonic before. thinking about going there for lunch. what's the best burg they got?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i've never had sonic before. thinking about going there for lunch. what's the best burg they got?

They are all the same burger patties. Get the supersonic cheeseburger. It's basically a double patty double cheese. The regular burger is the same, just half. The difference between a "#1 and a #2" is mayo or mustard, and the way they do it, the mayo compliments it best by far imo. Don't get a junior because they have either been sitting on the grill for a long time or just thrown on and rushed out the door.

You get a fries or tater tots option side with a meal, and, the fries are fine but nothing special, but I get sonic so rare, that the tots are almost a no brainer because they are pretty good and not a typical side for most fast-food places.

The big pro move is the limeades, cranberry limeade is the best, cherry is okay but I can't think of much better then a cranberry limeade on a hot summer day but I would drink one any time of the year.

The menu looks bigger than what is actually in the kitchen, if that makes sense.

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Cherry or cranberry limeade is God tier

So, final answer, if I were to get Sonic and getting a burg, it's a supersonic cheeseburger with mayo, cranberry limeade, with tater tots.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mayo OR mustard does not compute to me

----------------

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Reiterating limeades. Get a limeade of some variety.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sonic sucks poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Twenty Four posted:

The difference between a "#1 and a #2" is mayo or mustard, and the way they do it, the mayo compliments it best by far imo.

this is the way it was when i grew up, but they ditched the #1/#2 system a year or two ago and just have mayo and ketchup as their standard ingredients now. it sucks when i forget, but i kill the ketchup on the app every time now. mayo burg owns, extra onions

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I've got an old memory that just surfaced from like 2005 or so... I was sent down to Kansas City for two weeks for an acquisition, and I saw they had a Sonic. I had never been to one, but saw a lot of ads for them during movies or some poo poo and always thought "drat! They must be pretty popular if they're advertising up here where there aren't any Sonics!" so one night I bought one of everything. I went back to my hotel with this garbage bag of food and got through one burger before I decided it was all poo poo. My room stunk all night. It was the worst. I did like the shake tho.

The next year I went to Vegas with some friends. We rented a car, and on our way out somewhere there was a Sonic and everyone in the car wanted to stop. We all got shakes.

A few finally opened here, and then went under a year later. We have one that's like 20 mins away now. I did like their 5' long chili dogs. poo poo was good.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i almost never go for the burgs at sonic, but they're solid. i do the BIG TEXAS CHEESEBURGER (rip jack in the box value menu goat) order at a lot of fast food places, just meat and cheese with extra pickles and mustard, and i did that at sonic the other night and it was reeeeeal good for hittin' that craving. sonic's also good if you want a chili-cheese burger, 'cause that ain't just for coneys and tots.

make mine two frito chili wraps, a rt 44 cranberry limeade, and an order of mozz sticks or ched'r pepps -- and a pretzel twist if i'm feelin' hyper goony, because their cheese paste they serve with it?

lean in real close now

closer

you can dip the cheeze sticks into the cheeze dip

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
got the supersonic cheeseburger today. it was okay. think next time i go there i'll get some non-burg items

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I got 2 BLTs, large mozzarella sticks and a medium milkshake and it was 17 dollars. Worth it but goddamn.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

got the supersonic cheeseburger today. it was okay. think next time i go there i'll get some non-burg items

Yeah, honestly the burgs are the bottom tier of the Sonics menu. You're better off getting almost anything else, especially the foot-long 1/4 lb coney dog.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

sonic has real good mozz sticks for a fast food place. pretzel twists are great too. corn dogs are unremarkable as far as corndogs go but pretty good and cheap and i love a corngdog

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

their lil baby chicken sandwiches are $1.50 each today. usually every thursday they have a special, and when it's mozz sticks i'll spend $5 for a whole lot of unhealthy fried cheese

$.50 corndog day is the poo poo

----------------