Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hot drat the deal today is good. five chicken sandwiches for $8. they're a little small but they've got a real filet, not a patty

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

sonic has real good mozz sticks for a fast food place. pretzel twists are great too. corn dogs are unremarkable as far as corndogs go but pretty good and cheap and i love a corngdog

the sticks are very good but the marinar is trash. it's like sweet red syrup paste. not my favorite

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I would sometimes get an app notification about a sale, but I had no idea they did it every Thursday.

I think their burgers are pretty crumby and never get them.

The jalapeno poppers are really good but stupidly expensive and always have been. Like 6 bucks for 6 or something stupid.

The breadstick with cheese dip, mozz sticks and to some extent the chilli dog are all pretty good.

All kind of expensive though.

I only go to sonic if their having a sale or I really want to eat 6 jalapeno poppers for dinner and maybe toss in a half priced limeade slush for dessert.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 9, 2022

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

$.99 mozz sticks in the app!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

$.99 mozz sticks in the app!!

ah gently caress i forgot to check my email today

----------------

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
yeah the chili dog with everything on it is a good unit of food

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they're doing a daily special on a wednesday instead of thursday for the first time that i can remember

$.99 corndogs, up from the usual $.50

i'm considering this a false special

----------------

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I tried the Ched 'R Peppers the other day, thinking in my stoned mind they would sate my need for jalapeno poppers. They did not match my expectations whatsoever and even when I reheated them the next day with some marinara they were terrible. Terrible and reminiscent of BK's hosed up popper things.

You put cream cheese in those shits. Not congealed cheddar trash juice. My partner informed me I have made this mistake at least twice before. And so I vow not to order these nasty things again, until I forget and then get them again in another 6 months. B-

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
they own actually better luck next time

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

1.49 small cheese sticks today... How they usually charge 3.79 is just criminal lol

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Just had me a corndog, mozz sticks, and happy hour peach iced tea for a perfect mid-afternoon snack

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
To me the rule at Sonic is Savory = bad; Sweet = good but I had an excellent burger there yesterday. It struck me as I was waiting, the drive-thru said "we're actually grilling fresh patties for you" and I guess that was it. I know they premake food at McDonalds and other places but they also do huge volumes. Sonic, not so much, which is probably why their food tastes like stadium food to me usually.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

huh yeah i wouldn't have guessed that sonic premakes a bunch of stuff because it really doesn't get a bunch of traffic

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

i say swears online posted:

huh yeah i wouldn't have guessed that sonic premakes a bunch of stuff because it really doesn't get a bunch of traffic

They just back up a tanker trailer full of cherry limeade and pump it into the storage tanks below the drive-in every morning.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the slush is flown in from Vail

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The ice is so good cause they got those singing dudes from Frozen who disappear after 30 seconds

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
You know I haven't even thought of cherry lime aid in awhile, which I think is mostly what attracts me to Sonic. Cherry 7-up (regular or diet) gets me 90% there, taste wise.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

AvesPKS posted:

You know I haven't even thought of cherry lime aid in awhile, which I think is mostly what attracts me to Sonic. Cherry 7-up (regular or diet) gets me 90% there, taste wise.
… have you tried putting some lime in it?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AvesPKS posted:

i'm probably going to have to go in there after work tomorrow because of your post, been a while. i just have to decide if i'm actually going to get food with it.
edit whoah tots with bbq seasoning.

----------------

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 3, 2023

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Once again, I suggest anyone who likes the cherry limeade at Sonic get the cranberry limeade, unless you just flat out hate cranberries. It's one of my all time favorite hot summer day refreshing drinks. The cranberry limeade is like the cherry, but the extra tart and sweet contrast makes it even better.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

Once again, I suggest anyone who likes the cherry limeade at Sonic get the cranberry limeade, unless you just flat out hate cranberries. It's one of my all time favorite hot summer day refreshing drinks. The cranberry limeade is like the cherry, but the extra tart and sweet contrast makes it even better.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

… have you tried putting some lime in it?

How? I feel like putting lime juice into it wouldn't work taste wise. Maybe some Monin lime?

Also I will have to try the cranberry limeaid, thanks for the recommendation.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Two BLTs, a sixer of mozzarella sticks, and a Rt 44 sized cherry limeade.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Szyznyk posted:

Two BLTs, a sixer of mozzarella sticks, and a Rt 44 sized cherry limeade.

things that make my stomach, intestines and pancreas scream in unison

"heyooo!"

----------------

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 5, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

AvesPKS posted:

How? I feel like putting lime juice into it wouldn't work taste wise. Maybe some Monin lime?
I’d just get a lime, cut a wedge out and squeeze it into the drink. So yeah, lime juice.

(that procedure works very well with diet 7-up, too, imo, if you like tartness)

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I’d just get a lime, cut a wedge out and squeeze it into the drink. So yeah, lime juice.

(that procedure works very well with diet 7-up, too, imo, if you like tartness)

Good idea thanks. I've had good experience adding fresh lemon and lime juice to plain seltzer water, too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AvesPKS posted:

Good idea thanks. I've had good experience adding fresh lemon and lime juice to plain seltzer water, too.

lemon and seltzer is how i broke myself free from my heartbreaking addiction to soda. i keep a shaker of this around for my seltzer. you've gotta be careful though, the powder causes the carbonation to go nuts.

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

lemon and seltzer is how i broke myself free from my heartbreaking addiction to soda. i keep a shaker of this around for my seltzer. you've gotta be careful though, the powder causes the carbonation to go nuts.

Yeah this is what I was referring to, I've had lime and lemon juice cause the seltzer to almost go flat if I don't add it carefully. That looks interesting, thanks.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Sonic tendies were okay but whatever neon orange ‘signature sauce’ they have is foul and really vinegary and smells weird? The honey mustard was fine tho

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

rookie mistake not to get the tendies with the gravy (even though sonic gravy is just sex on the beach because it’s loving close to water)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Sonic tendies were okay but whatever neon orange ‘signature sauce’ they have is foul and really vinegary and smells weird? The honey mustard was fine tho

it sucks, like chik fil a sauce pulled from a time capsule

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

My sonic has been out of ice cream or m&ms or their blast machine has been broken for weeks and I’ve really just been jonesin for an m&m sonic blast!!!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Think Less posted:

Bacon cheeseburger toaster owns but I don't think they're at every sonic. Also, the Tuesday burgs are a great deal as mentioned above

Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster owns. It's the only thing I get but you're right, it's not at every Sonic. I get it without lettuce or tomato because it gets too overwhelming with the onion ring and pickles plus all that other bullshit.

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i got a grilled cheese with bacon the other day and it was pretty good.

also i am DONE with sonic blasts. For a while they were makin em better than a blizzard but the last few times its been some ice cream a few m&ms sprinkled on top even tho i order (and pay for!!) extra m&ms and chocolate sauce

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
For years I've been mourning the removal of the pineapple slush from the menu, along with its annual summer companion, the Pina Colada slush.

This summer they brought back a "Tropical Colada" slush, which adds banana. Er, "banana". The thing actually tastes like someone melted down a bunch of banana Runts and added some some windshield fluid.

I'm appalled and disappointed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh that sounds horrific

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looks like i'm going grape like normal

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

why no, this Polynesian Punch it’s nothing like regular fruit punch, no sir. nor is the tropical colada similar to a pina colada. they are very different coladas.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

1.29 chili cheese dogs today only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I had one (add onions) and a half price drink through the app for like 3 bucks. Would have been 6 bucks without the app and hotdog day special lol gently caress you sonic.

It was pretty good for a lovely chilli dog though.