Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drat, bidenflation even hit chilidog day

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
man I love those things with onions cheese and mustard, but the sonic near me has somehow hosed up every one I've ordered since living here now so I don't bother anymore

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dougdrums posted:

man I love those things with onions cheese and mustard, but the sonic near me has somehow hosed up every one I've ordered since living here now so I don't bother anymore

are you referring to burgers?

----------------

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

barnold posted:

sonic is the rodney dangerfield of fast food. it gets no respect. but the burgers are always tasty, and the fries are always good. i dont care about their wacky poo poo like the coney dog or the tots or whatever the gently caress. get a #1 with bacon on it. don't get the double because the extra patty makes it too greasy. flavortown.

i ate one tonight and it was phenomenal. the fries were hot and fresh and i pulled out of the parking lot completely satisfied. sonic haters step up i dare you :blastu:

#1 w/bacon is a good burg, hell yeah

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

LuckyCat posted:

are you referring to burgers?

Chili dogs

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
coffee this morning was rancidly sour, completely fuckin undrinkable, usually sonic's coffee is a pretty good creamy treat, absolutely unacceptable, please change the thread title tia

sent an app report because local sonics can't/don't do refunds anyway and they responded basically "lol that sux"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they got half off burgers in the app and $2 shakes today. practically givin this poo poo out for free. they ought to pay my student loans while they're at it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tuesday best day

----------------

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
$1.99 foot longs through the app today.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

AvesPKS posted:

$1.99 foot longs through the app today.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

$.99 corn dog day today

my downfall

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drat they were fiddy cents last year. I may still do it

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

99 cent corn dog, happy hour cherry limeade, in and out in under five minutes and $3, perfect sonic experience

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

five dogs, five packets of sigsauce. got two packets in the bag. the war continues

----------------

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Went to the Sonic and had their new Buffalo Chicken Bites. They were pretty good! Maybe a little dry? They could have used some blue cheese.

But the fried crackery shell was the star of the show, seriously. They were like if combos, if combos were a different product entirely. I ordered the 5-pc but I guess no one is buying them, because it came with like 7. A solid B+. Thank you for reading my review.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Oh and I think I stumbled on a good, cheap treat for the future. We all know that their weird grilled cheese on Texas toast that becomes like chewy plastic when it stays in the wrapper for more than 35 seconds IS an incredible value at $1.99. That much is undeniable. We know this.

Well for no extra charge, why not get tomato, mayo, and here's the kicker: lettuce? I am not averse to hot lettuce and think this could be pretty good! And it's $1.99.

As an aside, it baffles me how you can't add tomato to a sandwich on like ANY app, when we all know it's the best addition. Jack in the Box and Sonic get extra credit in this regard. It's a loving crime there is no way to add tomato to any breakfast sandwich at like any fast food place. Really grinds my gears!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i could slap that tomato around in a paper towel before it goes on i think i'd agree but i don't trust sonic not to turn my grilled cheese sandwich into a tomato swamp

----------------

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I ordered a small shake at the august promo price of two dollars, and they gave me a medium. god bless

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Went to the Sonic and had their new Buffalo Chicken Bites. They were pretty good! Maybe a little dry? They could have used some blue cheese.

But the fried crackery shell was the star of the show, seriously. They were like if combos, if combos were a different product entirely. I ordered the 5-pc but I guess no one is buying them, because it came with like 7. A solid B+. Thank you for reading my review.

yeah i really like the fried wonton shell they're using for these things, even if they're crying out for a blue cheese dip to go with them; looking forward to more varieties of goo filling them

sonic's app is great for customizing stuff but i hate it when there are also weird limits on what food can be added to what other food because if i want to add chili to my breakfast burritos then let me live my best life

also once ordered "sweet cream" flavor added to a dr. pepper and they gave me a vanilla dr. pepper because quote "we didn't know what that meant"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The grilled cheese burger with bacon and pepper corn ranch is pretty decent! It's only available through the app right now but it comes with a small side of tots or fries for 3.99

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

the sonic by me has not had onion rings since 2021 but they are still on the menu

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Oh they have them, just no one in the morning willing to prep them. Unlike most chains, they don't come frozen, there's someone dunking onion slices in batter every day.

At my closest Sonic, it was a 50/50 chance they were available, or at least until I quit going there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

Oh they have them, just no one in the morning willing to prep them. Unlike most chains, they don't come frozen, there's someone dunking onion slices in batter every day.

holy poo poo really

----------------

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

At least that's what I've been told. Had a former co-worker who quit the restaurant we were at who wound up working at a Sonic, and told me that was why their location never had onion rings when I was bitching about it one day. This was all pre-COVID though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren: it's chicken day

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i say swears online posted:

:siren: it's chicken day

is the jumbo popcorn chicken any good? I did laugh a bit at the email that said it was $1.99 for a small jumbo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's only $1.49 here and with a five-order max i spent $8 for a fuckload of chicken

they forgot the sauce like always though

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

you are right it does say 1.49 maybe i will try some for an afternoon snack with a cherry limeade

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Chief McHeath posted:

why no, this Polynesian Punch it’s nothing like regular fruit punch, no sir. nor is the tropical colada similar to a pina colada. they are very different coladas.

This week they discontinued the summer slush flavors (the gross chemical-tasting "tropical colada" and the decent polynesian punch).

Yep, back to grape, I guess.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

grape was always the best flavor

----------------

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they discontinued the $2 small shakes a few days ago so I'm never going back until that's fixed :colbert:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So my local sonic anyway, if an item says it comes with with a sauce. Like say cheddar peppers usually come with ranch. If you don't add it as a separate condiment then it isn't actually added to your order.

Had 2 small popcorns for lunch.. it said it came with signature sauce. I added 1 ranch and 1 bbq for free, and all i received was the ranch and bbq.

The additional sauce cups are free, btw, so order them within reason and just check the bag before you pull out. Mash that red button and tell em you didn't get the ranch with your cheddar peppers or whatever and they'll bring you one out pretty quick.

Woe be the person to leave without checking the bag, although honestly the popcorn chicken isn't bad plain, the breading is seasoned with something.. probably a shitload of salt

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kalel posted:

they discontinued the $2 small shakes a few days ago so I'm never going back until that's fixed :colbert:

That was a weekly coupon/deal it's not coming back.
MOST Thursdays they do a deep discount on one item regardless. Today is a 4 dollar popcorn chicken for 1.50, and lol of you ever paid 4 dollars for this loving hell.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wendigee posted:

Woe be the person to leave without checking the bag, although honestly the popcorn chicken isn't bad plain, the breading is seasoned with something.. probably a shitload of salt

oh never plain, but I did have to break into the packet drawer

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
had sonic this weekend. #1 with bacon. it ruled

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The buffalo chicken bites aree gone and i am OFFENDED

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

waiting with bated breath for them to bring them back filled with their chili and cheese

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

now that's a lovely ravioli I'd try

----------------

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

The 2 for 7 is a better deal than the chicken bites anyway. Those things weren't that good and were a huge rip off for what you paid for them.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Randabis posted:

The 2 for 7 is a better deal than the chicken bites anyway. Those things weren't that good and were a huge rip off for what you paid for them.

qft