Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Pickle Fries or Sticks or whatever they're called suck, don't bother. At least, my experience was that the breading was soggy and the spears were floppy and not crispy or good.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i've had some godawful fried pickles; i'd rank sonics at "merely okay" on the scale, but ours also puts out like perfect model ideal tater tots so they're just doin something right with their frier

weirdly the best fried pickle game around here is at the movie theater

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

$1.29 chili dogs today woo

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ordered a couple grilled cheeses with lettuce tomato mayo (a CLT) the other night and they were surprisingly good. perfectly grilled. gonna make me start going to Sonic more

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

the carls jr near me closed so i had to go to sonic for breakfast this am and they forgot to put a suasage patty on my sausage toaster. cant be to mad tho. if i worked at sonic i wouldnt give a poo poo either.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lol i had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich from starbucks yesterday and they didn't put any bacon either on it

meat strike in full effect

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Y'all eating them 1.99 quarter pound chili dogs the last few weeks? Best extended app deal they've done in awhile. I think it ends soon.dokt forget to add onions.

Edit: Woah.. they just refreshed their app and it's not as easy to find the deals anymore but the big chilli cheese dog is still only 1.99 down from 4.99 here.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 3, 2024

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like how the bacon looks like its trying to escape the burger

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the app changed, how do you find the deals now. I'm just seeing the $1 grilled cheese

lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like how the bacon looks like its trying to escape the burger

the PB is there to keep it trapped.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kalel posted:

the app changed, how do you find the deals now. I'm just seeing the $1 grilled cheese

lol

lol it's called "under $4 favorites" ughhhhh

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They made the deals really hard to find. You kind of just have to stumble over it unless it's a one day thing then it pops up.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh LTO coupons? yeah they pop up on the screen at the beginning but iunno if i've ever seen them elsewhere. usually i get an email about it and then i click that link that brings me to it in the app

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I used to get like a little notification on my phone like a text from the app. That doesn't happen with the new app.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

sonic had a heavy, heavy hand with the cranberry syrup in the limeade tonight and it was good as hell

that pb burger is just okay, wouldn’t bother with it over their normal burg or the garlic butter one

the Buffalo dip bites are back tho

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

sonic had a heavy, heavy hand with the cranberry syrup in the limeade tonight and it was good as hell

that pb burger is just okay, wouldn’t bother with it over their normal burg or the garlic butter one

the Buffalo dip bites are back tho

I don't remember if I was one of the people who recommended the cranberry limeade over the standard cherry to you or if you were one of the people who strongly agreed with me when someone else asked some time ago, but yeah, that stuff is great.

It's more of a summer thing for me though, it gets really hot here and it's like the perfect thirst quencher. I typically don't even think of it this time of year, but no reason not to, really!

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

If I could get them to put some loving lime in the limeade, it would be great. But no, I might as well order a cherry Sprite and be satisfied with that. Come on, people, it's loving limeade. It's supposed to have a sour component too along with the sweet.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

they should be putting at least a couple of squeezed lime halves in it so yeah if they're not they're fuckin it up

(also if you are always up for Lime Time like myself, this poo poo is invaluable to have on hand at all times)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They don't typically squeeze the limes here, just dump them in the cup... If you fish it out with a straw and squeeze it you'll get the sour

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nikumatic posted:

(also if you are always up for Lime Time like myself, this poo poo is invaluable to have on hand at all times)

i go through so much of this stuff. more lemon than lime but hey. they send me coupons all the time. anyway a must for sour-ifying your beverages.

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

all of their fruit flavors are fantastic, yeah; lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit. i keep lime and grapefruit on hand all the time and occasionally get a box of the other two for variety. i got a free sampler of their "lemonade" flavors at one point though and those come from sucralose hell, do not recommend.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

1.49 4 piece moz sticks today through the app fyi

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My local sonic doesn't ever do any of the advertised deals. I forget and show up and then am too embarrassed to leave when I don't see the deal on the menu and end up spending more than I hoped.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeh you have to use the app I think

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rick posted:

My local sonic doesn't ever do any of the advertised deals. I forget and show up and then am too embarrassed to leave when I don't see the deal on the menu and end up spending more than I hoped.

it's app-only

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Looks like they finally turned on their rewards. I just got a free large drink with any purchase and there coupons for half price burgs or bogo burgs

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

anyone try their pulled pork, anything worth a drat?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My sonic is 2 blocks from a real BBQ fast casual place so I've never bothered.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nikumatic posted:

anyone try their pulled pork, anything worth a drat?

I tried it and thought it was good.

----------------

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

they put teh sausage on the toaster this moring. good 2 see sonic back in form

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

$1.99 1/4lb double cheese might be the biggest bargain in fast food these days!!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

More expensive than bogo double cheese at McDonald's here at least, and doesn't taste as nice imo, but yes it is a good deal especially if you only want 1.

What I want to know is why it's 5 dollars for 6 jalapeno poppers from their freezer.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Holy hell the pulled pork really was good. I got it on the tots because we have a pretty fuckin S-tier sonic when it comes to tots always being salty and extra crispy, and they managed to give me nary a soggy tot in the entire sleeve despite the cheese and bbq sauce. But the pork had a nice peppery seasoning to it, there was just the right amount to have some with all the tots without too much pork or too much potato left at the end, and the bbq sauce was not as cloyingly sweet as I expect from fast food places (though it still was).

It’s not what I go to Sonic for and idk if I’ll have it again before it’s gone but real good for a seemingly weird flex.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Huh! Okay maybe I'll give it a try

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
poo poo that sounds drat good for a fast food joint. I haven't been to my closest Sonic, hell, I haven't been to one in like a decade. Pulled pork tots do seem pretty freaking enticing tho. What are the goto slushes? Cherry limeade sounds pretty drat tasty.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah sonics do seem to vary wildly by location too (the one a little further from us is decidedly mid tier, and ours turns out pretty much ideal sonic hot food but is extraordinarily skimpy with ice cream toppings / shakes and has had weird issues with their iced coffee often enough that we just stopped going there for route 44 caffeine jolts on the weekend) but I’ve never been to one that hosed up a limeade.

except just a little up thread someone went to one that hosed up a limeade.

sonic is a land of contrasts.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The same Sonic will either skimp me on bacon on my breakfast toaster or give me enough to choke a horse.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

BaconCopter posted:

poo poo that sounds drat good for a fast food joint. I haven't been to my closest Sonic, hell, I haven't been to one in like a decade. Pulled pork tots do seem pretty freaking enticing tho. What are the goto slushes? Cherry limeade sounds pretty drat tasty.

I got pulled pork burger and totchos today. Food was awesome I enjoyed every bite. However

Never again unless I eat outside/open air. Wtf does one order of each make my whole apartment smell worse than the weed I smoke in the apartment everyday?

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

99c corn dog day