Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Hello thread! Thanks for posting this, Leng. The OP is very informative, and I can tell you've watched a lot of Channel Makers. ;)

I'm glad to find this thread, it's hard to find anything about Youtubing on SA. Other than the Let's Play forum, this thread seems like the only other place.

I, too, run two different Youtube channels:
My personal channel with some gaming & comedy stuff that I've only started doing more consistently in the last year or so:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrIllegalCarrot
And the official channel of Europe In Ruins, a game I'm a community manager / developer on.
https://www.youtube.com/EuropeInRuinsMod

Something I don't really understand is people's aversion to, or decision not to, promote on social media. I would say that I have achieved a relative amount of success with my Advance Wars By Web videos just by promoting them on relevant subreddits and Discord channels, which seems to have been a very effective form of promotion. I'm hoping to make a 'splash' among my most likely audience within my first 48 hours, and then let a good title + thumbnail continue to help me float along in browse + search. It's an a new and ongoing thing for me, so we'll see how it actually goes, but I can't imagine just relying on "being discovered" by The Youtube Algorithm. Ideally, wouldn't you want your fans to share and repost your work anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU