Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oooh nice thread!

I made a Youtube channel a couple years ago with a focus on the very original content of comic book movie reviews :xd: but my true ongoing dream project has been a deep dive series on Wonder Woman comics, which is currently on its third episode focusing on the late 60s/early 70s Mod Era for the character. If anyone's interested!

I'll have to take my time to peruse the info in this thread at some point, but I find that the most time-consuming part of editing is definitely dealing with audio issues. Like, you expect the video editing to be cumbersome, and that's fine, but sometimes editing the audio takes just as long or even longer, which sucks. Does anyone have a guide on making your recorded audio sound good in an efficient, less time-wasting manner?

My general process is to go into Audacity and use noise gate to get rid of breathing sounds, although sometimes that seems to go awry and I end up clipping a lot of consonants as well. Then I normalize and compress to try and get the volume standardized...but in my experience that really doesn't...like, do enough. There are still parts of the audio that are too quiet or parts that are too loud and I end up having to manually edit those parts one-by-one, which can be really tedious when your videos are an hour or longer. I'd appreciate any suggestions on what else I should be doing here, or if anyone has a particularly good audio workflow they can share, or perhaps a magic button you can just press to automatically fix all sound issues in any videos.
:sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU