Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Has anyone solved OBS' problems hearing multiple audio inputs from an interface? It seems like a known issue that the software only wants to listen to your first input pair. Well I have a Scarlett 18i20 and it would be really convenient for me not to have to hot-swap my DJ mixer for my mic every time I want to do something different. Does Sound flower work to this end? Because I haven't been able to get it to work so far. Is there another alternative to OBS that will do what I want? Thanks.

EDIT: OK most of this was actually pretty easy to figure out; the app that fixes the audio routing problems is called Loopback. I haven't sussed the sync offset issue (and may have to consider Loopback itself incurring more delay to something, although now that I think of it it might just nudge the audio back enough to offset the video delay. Poking around in OBS now I'm getting excited; looking forward to learning about placing chyrons, graphics etc. (or would it be better to do this in my ATEM?) and I'm stoked it has VST support, so I can basically set up the same dynamics chain I run on my recorded DJ mixes to limit everything and give it that 'radio pump' effect. :)

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I have a question that's somewhere in between a technical and a taste issue. I want to explore adding chyrons, tickers - you know, lower third poo poo, to my DJ livestreams/videos.

If you check the link in my av, you can see that I've got a three-camera setup through an ATEM Mini, on a crossfade macro every 45 seconds. There's a fourth 'camera angle' piped into the ATEM that's just some reactive video from Synesthesia over my channel splash screen. That comes out of the same computer that the ATEM is piping back into OBS for streaming.

The question is, on what level do I add the graphics & text? I know it can be done within both the ATEM and OBS. I wonder which is a more robust or elegant solution, whether using OBS is going to tax my old computer significantly further, and which is most versatile? There's also the 'taste' component of the issue; the setup I described means that since OBS just sees the whole program from the switcher, using it for graphics precludes me from withholding the graphics from the Synesthesia logo splash screen, something I think I might want.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Anyone know much about the loudness standards for certain streaming services ? I'm using a new limiter as part of my DJ streaming setup, and I'm curious if it's being set wrong. I heard somewhere that Twitch asks for -14LUFS but someone commented in another thread that my stream seemed quiet when I aimed for that number. Can music streaming be louder than other content, or is that unwise?