Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

As one of those calcified goontube users I would say that having a ton of rooms off the bat is probably not great.
Think about it like a multiplayer game with a low population and a lot of available game modes.
I'd also look into having some library of content that plays itself when no users have input anything. Right now I look at the site and just see test patterns on every channel.
And not to push on the "it should be just like goontube" too hard, but what's the value to me as the user adding videos? Without a chat there's no riffing or community possible. It's just a page that sometimes plays a video I wanted to see. If I watch YouTube by myself it's always I video I wanted to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU