Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Hi! My friend and I have been making some videos for Youtube over the last few months, and I haven't really been sure where to share them.

https://www.youtube.com/c/dirtygiveaway/featured

It's obviously very heavily inspired by Space Ghost C2C, and we've dabbled in ebSynth videos that aren't currently up. It isn't really the kind of thing that excites the algorithm these days, but I would certainly appreciate any feedback/commentary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Leng posted:

Weeeell technically the thing that gets the algorithm excited is when it knows who the right audience is for your videos. I watched 3: the unboxing retro toys one (looks like a stream highlight?), the Pac-Man Doom one (looks like an ad to drive downloads?), and the DGA pilot episode (this one made me laugh). Scrolling through your recent uploads, you've done some longform vids, a bunch of shorts (but some don't look like they're properly formatted for shorts?), some shortform vids, a real grab bag of stuff. Your most popular upload is a clip that seems to be a reupload of someone else's content?

I came away with the pretty clear understanding that I am not your target audience, but also no idea who would be your target audience or what your channel is about so it's hard to give useful feedback. What are your goal/s with the channel?

We're going to drive more toward the kind of thing we did with The Pilot Episode, ten to fifteen minute videos of that nature. Your comment confirms what I've been thinking, that the channel is kind of a big mess. It started out as twitch-related things and edit/shitposts, until we shifted focus. As far as shorts go, my friend thinks they're good for doing promos of things we have coming out, while I'm not sure what to think.

We had been thinking of clearing out a lot of the older stuff, and I think just having had someone outside say it's unclear will be the final justification.