Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tummyache posted:

Hey everyone, weird tangent, but I'm a programmer and I was wondering if anyone is interested in this dumb thing I made.

http://thepys.com/

I watch a lot of Youtube and I realized the discoverability sucks on that site. I keep seeing channels get stuck in a purgatory where even when they make a good video, Youtube doesn't show it to anyone because it would rather recommend the channels that already have 1 million views.

So I thought it would be funny to create kind of a public broadcast for Youtube videos. There are multiple channels and anyone can add any video to the schedule. Videos are just played in the order they are received, so it's not beholden to any algorithms or anything.

Is that something any of you would use? I built it on a lark over the weekend and I don't know if it's worth pursuing or if it would even help people out. I personally would just like a constant stream of stuff to watch while working, but I don't necessarily care about the quality of that stuff.

I dig it, these types of pages have existed in the past (and current though goontube’s viewership has fully calcified it seems so an alternative tube page and culture seems dope)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU