Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I've been streaming on twitch for coming up to two years now, and am doing kinda okay with it (not making enough to live on, by any means, but absolutely making enough to upgrade my kit etc), and the OP has immediately made me think "Oh god I'm wasting my time I should be doing this on YouTube instead", so drat, that's a well-written and carefully put together post!

I know there's a bunch of stuff I should be doing to help grow it - like editing things for youtube/posting related tik toks etc - but I'm just...not. Then again, the main thing that I stream is cryptic crosswords, and I suspect that's just on the wrong side of niche to actually make anything big of it.

I'm currently at 1780 ish followers, and generally have an average of 40-50 viewers, streaming weekday lunchtimes (UK time). Someone kindly made me a channel intro video, which I'm currently using, but that's something else I should probably sit down and actually plan out.

I think I'm getting a bit antsy because the hours streamed is approaching the total followers, and that's going to give me The Bad Chemicals when it does. I mean, it was always going to, but it kinda feels like a weirdly not great mile stone, you know?

If anyone has any thoughts/experience of this sort of slump I'd be very happy to hear them!

The account is https://twitch.tv/brainmage, if anyone's curious.

My most recent bit of tarting it up has been getting a secondhand Fuji X-T20 camera and an Elgato camlink, which I'm excited to get setup and working, because hoo boy does that look better than the old camera I've been using!

https://twitter.com/Brainmage/status/1535956206119968774

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU