Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

oh cool, didn't realize we had our own YT creator thread!

My channel covers the history and impact of popular video games, developers, and figures in the gaming industry. only have a tiny handful of videos so far, and just finished my most recent video on New Super Mario Bros. for the DS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdwJb-ViYcM&t=489s

any and all advice/criticism is welcome :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Trabant posted:

With the disclaimer that I'm probably not your intended audience, here's my impression of the video you linked:

It's clear that you had a wealth of information and thoughts on the topic, and what to me looks like quite a bit of research backing it up! Both the video and audio were well done, and I liked the thumbnail as well.

I thought it could benefit a bit from some more structure or delineation, at least for someone like me. Having sections like (Ancient) History, Creators, Reception, Legacy -- those would give me a breather as you go through the history of the game. Whether you have a formal title card breaking it up into sections is probably a stylistic choice. I like those, but I might be a lunatic.

I'll add that even though I'm not a gamer, I would absolutely be interested in some of the things you have in the channel description, including what a game did for the company or genre or, like in this case, the franchise. I imagine financial specifics might be tricky to get a hold of though, and those happen to be extra interesting in the big picture.

7seven7 posted:

Agreed - I might be the target audience. I watched the whole video and enjoyed it. Your voice, knowledge, and presentation are all up to snuff, but this video would've really benefited from some title cards just to break up the pacing issues.

Other than that - good video!

sorry for the super late response. i actually sort of forgot this thread existed after i posted, lol. but thanks for the comments! watching over the video, i do think title cards might be a good idea and it was something i've been thinking of adding!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

and since i'm here, i might as well post my most recent vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUrybdnDHqQ

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Do you guys have any tips for promotion/advertising? I understand not getting thousands of views per video per day but it's been really frustrating to see that my last few videos completely flatlined after the initial bump. hell my latest video has been stuck on the same number for at least a week. I mean not even one extra view per day. I'm totally fine with the idea of having slow growth but this hitting a brick wall thing is very very frustrating.