Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Man I bought my phone at a Cricket store, it was one of the cheapest ones they had. I think it's a Samesung. It does not produce good video. That's why I'm asking about a camera, because my non-dedicated camera machines that do have cameras, my phone and my laptop, have very bad cameras.

Maybe look into a bang-for-buck phone that specifically has a good camera? That way, if it turns out this isn't for you, you still have a decent phone.

https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-budget-camera-phones

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro sounds like it fits your needs and budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gripweed posted:

My old rear end was just assuming that you needed a dedicated video camera, I never would've thought about regular cameras, thanks

This is great, thanks

I used to have an iPhone, but I destroyed it an embarrassing way and ever since then I haven't been willing to spend a lot of money on a phone.

Well, that one is ~$250, which is why I suggested it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Disco Elysium's devs had to eventually change the game's name from No Truce with the Furies to Disco Elysium because it turns out furry jokes whenever someone mentions you can, in fact, get old.

If you're willing to take the risk, it's okay I guess.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

7seven7 posted:

Got a new thing ready to go. It's a fairly wanky thing about grief tied into gaming. It's a way slower tempo than anything I've tried before and I'm really struggling with the thumbnail, Here's what I've got so far if anyone fancies weighing in:

I think they're OK at conveying the message but I'm worried they're not serious enough. If someone comes in expecting something funny based on the thumbnail they're gonna click away in two seconds as soon as they see the visuals. Or am I wrong and I should just go with the most eye grabbing thing regardless of a tone mismatch?

EDIT: The video in question -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsPaC24A7Hc

Sorry about whatever's happening.

I didn't really see any religious themes in the video, so I'd maybe avoid the symbolism in the thumbnails.

Here's a couple of random ideas I'd personally test if I was making thumbnails for this:

1) The person crying in a puddle meme and a couple of whatever videogame characters you like crouching in sympathy next to them and maybe 'IT'S OKAY' in text above it.

2) A screenshot of the swingset scene from Disco Elysium. Again, some consolatory text above it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

7seven7 posted:

EDIT: Here's what I came up with -

I like both of these!

If it was my own video I'd probably use the meme one, because I am incapable of earnestly discussing my feelings without being jokey about it, but I think the DE picture fits your vibe more.