Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wow, great thread and appreciate how much info is in the OP and I’ll totally be reading all of it, even the stuff that has no relevance to me. Information is fun afterall.

Does anyone here do a channel mainly utilizing screen cap to guide people through software? I’m into a niche set of tools that doesn’t have much representation on YT, and the videos that do cover it hit the 20-50k mark which is neat. So it seems an area where I might be able to do things of interest to people.

My main curiosity is workflow for this. For instructional videos, do people tend to script things out ahead of time, then read and record the audio, then make videos of the appropriate actions to place underneath, which feels more effort but better output with less mistakes etc, or are most people just winging it with maybe a set of topics to cover but doing live talking and computer operation at the same time?

I need to find some good tools for my Mac to record as my ultrawide resolution isn’t going to be YT friendly and I’ll definitely need to censor information like IP addresses and usernames etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still laugh that I used to upload my stuff to Vimeo because of better quality and longer runtimes, and some dude grabbed one of them and cleaned up the audio some and then got a few hundred thousand views on YT. He credited the source at least, and he can’t monetize it because it’s copyright flagged for sure, but had to laugh.