Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
not bronner's voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
DUDU OSUN is the only soap that keeps me soft as a beautiful blanket

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

not bronner's voted 1

:iceburn:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Matryoshka SexDoll posted:

not bronner's voted ALL-ONE!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
boldly, i simply use whatever my girlfriend happens to bring home from the store. it's all soap, right?

this exact thing happened to me, I don't find this funny at all. that cat was a bully and a predator

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ALL ONE OR NONE

WANNA BE A FREAKIN LOSER? DONT USE IT. DUH!!!!

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

ALL ONE OR NONE

WANNA BE A FREAKIN LOSER? DONT USE IT. DUH!!!!

Chinatown just had another Monster energy drink :P

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr Boner heh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

💯 that Doctor Bronner shoved everything imaginable up his rear end in a top hat.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The only difference between God and Satan is God tries to come up with moral justifications for why he has to kill everyone.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Trader Joe's soap is cheap enough and my hair seems to like their tea tree shampoo and conditioner. After that I use their serum and eye cream and follow it up with either a moisturizer where I read the ingredient list by weight and determine if it's similar enough to products that I know work well for my combination skin, or a neutral oil like avocado or almond oil, applied sparingly and with half a droplet of tea tree oil.

I have learned through my teenage skin care misadventures that if you strip something from your face with detergents you have to at least try to replace it with something comeodogenic so your body doesn't overcorrect and fire sebum out your pores all night

I don't

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I must confess to this thread, yesterday I did not use pine tar soap. I'm not sorry though because I do not care about you.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duck and Cover posted:

I must confess to this thread, yesterday I did not use pine tar soap. I'm not sorry though because I do not care about you.

not any of us? like none of us at all? or like 90% of us....?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Cosmic Thing posted:

not any of us? like none of us at all? or like 90% of us....?

Well I guess I could maybe care a little bit about pine tar soap users but it's become clear to me that flock is blind. Open your eyes, your minds, experience the glory that is pine tar.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duck and Cover posted:

Well I guess I could maybe care a little bit about pine tar soap users but it's become clear to me that flock is blind. Open your eyes, your minds, experience the glory that is pine tar.

NO! DR BRONNER'S! ALL-ONE!!!!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

OP I'm a Dr. Bronners man but I want to try your soap. What's one I can get on Amazon that's good.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Bramble posted:

OP I'm a Dr. Bronners man but I want to try your soap. What's one I can get on Amazon that's good.

https://www.amazon.com/Pine-Tar-Soa...ps%2C196&sr=8-1

Which is tallow based so if you're vegan oh well.

There's https://www.amazon.com/Grandpa-Original-Cleanser-Deodorizer-Moisturizer/dp/B074HR89GN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=pine+tar&qid=1639200736&sr=8-4 which I haven't tried but that brands pine tar shampoo is good so maybe the soap is too.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 11, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my wife brings home neutrogena t/gel from the jnj store but i think i'm still pretty low t

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr Bronner hosed his cat to death wtf

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Today I washed my hair with pine tar shampoo. I do not know if it contains any actual pine tar. It smells nice.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Are there any other tree-based soaps I should know about?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It took a minute but I did it. I got the whole bar up there. :smug:

edit: up my rear end.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Masculine marketing for something as boring as soap is dumb as poo poo.

Not if it works.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I get a lot of positive attention with my maple syrup beard shampoo.
Also wasps in my mouth.

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

Xaintrailles posted:

I get a lot of positive attention with my maple syrup beard shampoo.
Also wasps in my mouth.

If your beard isn't constantly aswarm with bees, then what do you even have a beard for?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
alright I got the tar soap.

had a bath last night

I felt like a pork shoulder marinating in smoky sous vide liquid.

asked KL for some bay leaves and she said 'no that's a waste'

I do like the smell of campfire though and now my bathroom smells like a campfire ALL the time and i assume I do as well

verdict,

three wild bear asses out of five

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Walrus posted:

alright I got the tar soap.

had a bath last night

asked KL for some bay leaves and she said 'no that's a waste'

I do like the smell of campfire though and now my bathroom smells like a campfire ALL the time and i assume I do as well

verdict,

three wild bear asses out of five

So really good? Pretty sure wild bear asses are like Michelin stars and even one is an accomplishment.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Walrus posted:

So if someone gives me some of this soap, should I assume they're a cannibal who wants to eat me?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pine-Tar, the Barbarian!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does one made from bird poop count

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

Does one made from bird poop count

birds are trees so yeah!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

If you have an ortolan soap you can only wash with while hiding from God under a napkin I shall buy a gross. And I mean ONE GROSS!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

If you have an ortolan soap you can only wash with while hiding from God under a napkin I shall buy a gross. And I mean ONE GROSS!

God is such a prude that he expects you to hide under a blanket every time you get naked.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ortolan soap is when you drown a defenseless little sparrow in soap and then use its lifeless bubbly husk as a loofa

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm with god on this one

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's been a tough month for me due to trying coffee soap. It's not that it's bad, it's just not transcendent like the pine tar soap. It's okay tonight we fixed that lapse in judgement. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ive got this old spice douche gel that ive been using idk if it isnmade with pine trees but i feel like their marketing really "gets" me

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I have started to use the last of my pine tar soap. I should buy more.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

All I have in common with the unwashed and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the cleanliness I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. I still, though, hold on to one single bleak truth: no one is safe, nothing is cleaned. Yet I am blameless. Each model of cleansing behavior must be assumed to have some validity. Is pine tar something you are? Or is it something you do? My scent is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pine to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every bath I’ve committed—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing. Are there any new places I can cop this soap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im in a mine cart sippin' pine tar from a brine jar on my way to a wine bar