Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Trader Joe's soap is cheap enough and my hair seems to like their tea tree shampoo and conditioner. After that I use their serum and eye cream and follow it up with either a moisturizer where I read the ingredient list by weight and determine if it's similar enough to products that I know work well for my combination skin, or a neutral oil like avocado or almond oil, applied sparingly and with half a droplet of tea tree oil.

I have learned through my teenage skin care misadventures that if you strip something from your face with detergents you have to at least try to replace it with something comeodogenic so your body doesn't overcorrect and fire sebum out your pores all night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

All I have in common with the unwashed and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the cleanliness I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. I still, though, hold on to one single bleak truth: no one is safe, nothing is cleaned. Yet I am blameless. Each model of cleansing behavior must be assumed to have some validity. Is pine tar something you are? Or is it something you do? My scent is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pine to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every bath I’ve committed—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing. Are there any new places I can cop this soap?