Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Even if you just stick to bar soap, a cheap bath puff or loofah can make it so much easier to lather that you use less for each lather and extend the life of the soap product. Or gently caress at least a washcloth, in a pinch. What the gently caress kind of monster rubs the bar directly on their body?

Michele Paiva, a psychodermatologist at PĀIVÄ Skincare, adds that a "loofah can drive old cells and debris into pores." And that especially applies to your face.

"I prefer clients to use their fingertips to cleanse the face, as they can feel the skin and connect mind to body," Paiva says. "It allows the skin to be cleansed thoroughly and gently. Case in point: estheticians use hands, not loofahs, for facials."

Wait, hands?
That's right! Scrubbing up with your hands is recommended.

"It’s best to just wash with our hands," suggests Erum Ilyas, MD, MBE, FAAD. "Loofahs have been well-documented reservoirs of bacteria. They have been shown to grow Pseudomonas, Klebsiella, Enterococcus, Staphylococcus, and more. If you couple the fact that the bacteria are trapped in the fibers of the loofah and that these sponges are used to exfoliate the skin, the risk of infection is much higher. Meanwhile, our hands can be easily cleaned."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i like this soap

it has scratchy bits in it that feel good. i used to use the dove men's soap but it melts too quickly and feels like a ripoff. this is better

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Duck and Cover posted:

Does it cure covid?

only if you buy it using my affiliate link