Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I thought Tyler Huntley looked way better in this game than he looked in the Chicago game. The fumbles sucked and were crucial but at the same time you have to expect that from a 2nd year undrafted player playing against two great DEs(one a DPOY candidate) and having some of the worst offensive tackles in football. But aside from those plays he looked pretty solid. He attacked downfield more. It would've been nice if he had hit Hollywood when he was open on some of those and we probably would have won if he did. But oh well. Hope he can keep improving and have a full career in the NFL at least as a backup and maybe can have a shot as a starter someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Seeing Herbert play so well while we rotate Cam Newton and PJ Walker knowing the Panthers would have taken Herbert feels so loving great you guys!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/GarrettSisti/status/1470508875199627264?t=6JfO5R9Vn_LEmSfexZ9Leg&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Derek brown is a piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/jasonhewitt50/status/1470445629331677187?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Someone’s never worked retail

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Every high school senior should have to work retail or food service or a call center for a semester. Just so they know

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Browns LT is somewhere in the likes of that post yesterday.

The number of people that honestly buy the comparison being made there is mind boggling.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cut that meat. Cut that meat.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Been hearing some poo poo because you're not living up the billing there Derrick?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The vast majority of the replies are horrifying.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

What does any of this have to do with the run to the ground no charger fan joke?

So your new schtick is quality control on the threads? Christ shits gone down hill

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

The vast majority of the replies are horrifying.

A lot of them are actually decent.

https://twitter.com/Brandon_Warne/status/1470511565510172677?s=20

And I also hate it how twitter only shows like 3 replies at a time, and you have to keep clicking "Show More Replies." Just show me a bunch of them!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Did he just watch Seinfeld or something

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Every high school senior should have to work retail or food service or a call center for a semester. Just so they know

Double posting, gently caress the police.

Yeah this is basically what your manager does in customer service jobs.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sweet thursday posted:

The Meyer Touch wherein everything he touches in the NFL turns into turds from an rear end

what happens when the only thing he IS touching is an rear end and possibly turds? a la the infamous video. what then?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It's kind of awesome how exposed your average idiot is these days

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
replace regular ppl jobs with fortune 500s board and c-level staff meetings and I'm in

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The better comparison would be like booing random fans at their beer league softball and flag football games, but he had to try to feel superior by punching way down at retail workers.

That does make me think it would be funny watching NFL players boo, heckle, and talk poo poo to random people trying to play flag football. Like Baker Mayfield screaming from the bleachers at some guy every time he overthrows someone in flag football.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Seems positive

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

They can try but I was a loving champion bagger and they would soon be cheering my superior skills.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1470484097277612032?s=20

Championship

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1470549366981156864

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Elephanthead posted:

Seems positive

Positive towards the negative at the very least!

wilderthanmild posted:

The better comparison would be like booing random fans at their beer league softball and flag football games, but he had to try to feel superior by punching way down at retail workers.

That does make me think it would be funny watching NFL players boo, heckle, and talk poo poo to random people trying to play flag football. Like Baker Mayfield screaming from the bleachers at some guy every time he overthrows someone in flag football.

I can definitely understand that it probably feels pretty drat bad to get booed. Especially by your own fans, for being a crappy player. No one likes the feeling of a huge crowd of people making GBS threads on you in unison

That being said drunk fans booing is literally just a fact of life. Like the weather, or taxes. It will never, ever change.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you suck don’t you expect to be booed? These are professionals

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Being booed comes with being paid millions to play sports. And I don’t mean this in the usual angry old man “argh you get paid to play a game stop being a greedy baby” as they collect their social security. It’s just what comes with the athlete-fan dynamic.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

If anyone was curious what tier 1 and 2 means.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1470551024494653450

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also you know, I'll go with the boomer take here and say that I will gladly get booed for a few minutes a week in exchange for a 1,000–25,000% raise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'll take a plastic bag full of the warmest hooligan piss to the face for 10 mil. The piss washes off but the french chateau in the Alps just gains value.

I'll name it Piste Visage and see if anyone gets it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is also why the Bill Buckner/Steve Bartman comparisons have always fallen ridiculously flat for me. Bill Buckner signs up and gets paid to be in a position to be the hero or be the choke artist. Bartman was a random dude.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Being booed comes with being paid millions to play sports. And I don’t mean this in the usual angry old man “argh you get paid to play a game stop being a greedy baby” as they collect their social security. It’s just what comes with the athlete-fan dynamic.

Also, NFL games are expensive as hell to attend. If someone wants to spend their time getting wasted and booing, then more power to them if they're not being unruly or hurting anyone else.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1470455966864924675

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I mean, performers get booed. Athletes, singers, musicians, painters. If if you job is to entertain and you don't entertain, guys what happens?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Going to the Met and booing the paintings

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Unironically

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

Read Mets and had a sensible chuckle at their players reaction to being booed

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Spoeank posted:

Someone that's never been to the Chicago Art Institute.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:thurman: was released 30 years ago today, per the MNF talking heads.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

Hey, let me know who the Met’s ombudsman is and I’ll go at it that way

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I mean, performers get booed. Athletes, singers, musicians, painters. If if you job is to entertain and you don't entertain, guys what happens?

Boo every poster in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

:thurman: was released 30 years ago today, per the MNF talking heads.

Retro Bowl is a great pooping game.