Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh Daniel Jones looks like Eli Manning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You'd be able to smell the stench of failure coming off goff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can tell most ppl apart easily. almost all

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ryan tannehill looks like a cop

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Adams is dead again

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1468553872448929796?s=21

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Is it just me or are there more torn labrum this year?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Cat Hassler posted:

I played bar trivia tonight (finished 2nd out of 16 playing basically by myself thanks for asking) And it occurred to me if someone put a thing in front of me asking to identify the starting NFL QB by their head shot without jersey I’d fail miserably

Goff
Stafford
Cousins
Tannehill
Wentz
Mac Jones
Matt Ryan
Daniel Jones
Josh Allen

All just random looking white dudes

If you can't tell Matt Ryan from Daniel Jones you might have face blindness OP.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

quote:

Duke beat reporter Steve Wiseman reports that former Giants OC and Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett is a candidate for the Blue Devils' vacant head coaching job.

Garrett was fired from his post as offensive coordinator of the Giants two weeks ago. Duke is in the hunt for a new head coach after parting ways with David Cutcliffe in late November. Clemson OC Tony Elliot and Texas A&M DC Mike Elko are reportedly two other candidates for the Blue Devils job. Garrett has never coached in college.

Imagine going from cutcliffe to Garrett.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1468575718929956865?t=zMOpDHsYE8vYVgokry0dHg&s=19

:haw:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

What the gently caress

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Quiet Feet posted:

Is it just me or are there more torn labrum this year?

I believe the plural is "labia"

Nov 6, 2002

Give me another reaction video from his GF.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

So much for the NFC being the "strong" conference.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/07/aldon-smith-is-arrested-for-dui-causing-injury-a-felony/

More like "All Done" Smith.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Greg Olsen is constantly a guy I see on TV and it takes me at least 45 seconds of staring directly at him and deep thought to figure out who he is every time

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Howling with laughter at this. But honestly I never would have expected him to have that game-winning drive in him, so sure, give him this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aldon Smith's legal issues section on his wiki page is, by far, his largest section there and isn't even updated to include today's issue yet

quote:

On January 28, 2012, Smith was arrested for driving under the influence in Miami Beach, Florida.[35][36]

On June 30, 2012, Smith was believed to have suffered stab wounds when attempting to break up a fight at a party at his Santa Clara county residence. Two other people were shot in the incident.[37] On October 9, 2013, Smith was charged with "three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon" relating to the stabbing incident. The charges were later reduced to misdemeanors.[38]

On September 20, 2013, Smith was involved in a single-vehicle accident in San Jose, California. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana. After the loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the third week of the football season, he voluntarily entered a rehabilitation facility, to be put onto the non-football injury list with an indefinite leave of absence.[39]

On April 13, 2014, Smith was detained and arrested following an incident at the Los Angeles International Airport in which Smith became belligerent and uncooperative with a TSA agent, who alleged Smith claimed he was carrying a bomb.[40] After interviews revealed that Smith did not clearly state he was carrying a bomb, the Los Angeles City Attorney decided to drop the charges. Smith was suspended for nine games for the 2014 season.

On August 6, 2015, Smith was arrested in Santa Clara, California, for an alleged hit and run after driving under the influence, and vandalism charges.[41] He was released by the 49ers the next day as a result.[20]

On March 9, 2017, Smith was a passenger with a friend driving to Smith's house at 12:00 AM, when the San Francisco police department found out both Smith and the driver were under the influence after smashing into a police car. Even though Smith was not the driver, both Smith and his friend were detained by the San Francisco Police Department for questioning. The next day, Smith and his friend were released. No arrests were made.[42][43]

On September 23, 2017, it was announced that Smith had agreed to plead no contest to hit and run in the 2015 incident in exchange for the DUI charges being dropped. He was sentenced to 20 days in jail. During his sentence, he was ordered to attend a treatment facility, and undergo anger management classes. After his release, he was prohibited from entering any bars or other establishments where alcohol is the primary commodity being sold.[44]

On March 3, 2018, someone called the police from Smith's home and reported that he had consumed multiple bottles of tequila and then bit her wrists. Smith reportedly fled the home before police arrived. San Francisco police did not comment on the specifics but did state that domestic violence of a "non-lethal" nature had occurred and they were seeking out Smith for questioning about the incident.[25] On March 23, 2018, Smith was arrested for violation of a court order, where he was ordered to stay away from a woman he assaulted earlier in the month. The woman was revealed to be Smith's fiancee. This picked up from a previous incident that occurred on March 3, where Smith pleaded not guilty on four misdemeanor counts, including domestic violence, assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury, false imprisonment, and vandalism.[45] On April 8, 2018, Smith was arrested for violations in conditions to his bail.[46]

On April 19, 2021, the St. Bernard Parish Sheriff's Office issued an arrest warrant for Smith for second-degree battery.[47] Smith surrendered on April 21, and was released on a $25,000 bond with an arraignment scheduled for July 14.[48]

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Howling with laughter at this. But honestly I never would have expected him to have that game-winning drive in him, so sure, give him this.

Apparently the first Lion to win a potw award since Calvin Johnson in 2015

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1468611561312989187?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1468577337121939456?t=DrWoo0bU4O7fxp09C6tbkg&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Greg Olsen is constantly a guy I see on TV and it takes me at least 45 seconds of staring directly at him and deep thought to figure out who he is every time

He has a noticeably super long face.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
White Hot Herbie update:

https://twitter.com/YetiOrKnot/status/1468623902741970944

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Only 804 retweets. Our odds are good, boys!!

Nov 6, 2002

By the numbers, White Hot Herbie is much more likely to end up being burned in effigy than enjoyed by a Chargers' fan.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm sorry he is easy, he is of course buff Dexter.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Chucktesla posted:

Ryan tannehill looks like a cop

Lol, solid.

He might very well be a nice guy, but he absolutely has resting jerk face.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Let's do this

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Some facts about the REAL NVP

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1468360919302369280

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Worth noting the Bills this season are 4-1 (.800) when Trubisky plays and 3-4 (.429) when he doesn't.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
He Just Wins

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Worth noting the Bills this season are 4-1 (.800) when Trubisky plays and 3-4 (.429) when he doesn't.

You joke but sports writers still toting the chestnut about how so-and-so team always wins when they have a ton of running yards in the second half.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Feel like poo poo, just want him back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF_AndrewR/status/1467855154414342147?t=1hr-CgbzkjUMnsFuDT6PMw&s=19

PFF is trash

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You joke but sports writers still toting the chestnut about how so-and-so team always wins when they have a ton of running yards in the second half.

Also just realized how weird it is that including the games Trubs missed for Covid, the Bills have had a backup quarterback play in 6 of their 13 games. Allen hasn't missed a snap for injury.

Total dominance to have that many non-competitive games. This is what 7 seeds are made of.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

PFF is trash

PFF’s 2021 Third-Quarter All-Pro Team

OFFENSE
QB TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Second Team: Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

PFF’s 2021 Third-Quarter All-Pro Team

OFFENSE
QB TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Second Team: Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

That looks fi... wait what :butt:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Pff is pretty dumb but Burrow played well and if Jamarr Chase doesn’t keystone cop that should-be touchdown into a Charger INT this wouldn’t really be that hot of a take

Herbie’s still better though

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not sure why it's a big deal either way - they're both gonna be top 5 QBs in a year or two.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

sean10mm posted:

That looks fi... wait what :butt:

When is the last time you looked at the season Cousins is having, you'll probably be surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

When is the last time you looked at the season Cousins is having, you'll probably be surprised

Cousins and Garoppolo had some advanced stats guys arguing that they need ways to measure plays QB's don't make, because those two do way better in metrics then anyone with eyes thinks because they play ultra-safe football.